Contact seller

This guy has had this Alexander Reynolds for sale for some time. He thinks it's a Cat. I contacted him and told him what he had was an Alexander Reynolds with some "interesting" fenders. He replied with NO!!! :confused: So, please use the Ask Seller A Question in his listing and bombard him with the fact it's not a Cat but an Alexander Reynolds (ARCO). Maybe he'll get the message. At least he didn't call it a Rupp or Bonanza :eek:ut: like most people do. eBay Motors: MINI BIKE VINTAGE (item 140285597113 end time Dec-07-08 01:04:52 PST)

I used to help people out on Ebay, but it's not worth the hassle or insults. Let him try and sell his "treasure", eventually he'll figure it out. Awesome fenders, eh?

Most people are thankful for the info. The NO!!!reply is what got me. It's not like I was a foreign procurement agent asking him to take an overpayment with a bogus money order and send the overage to me by Western Union.:doah: I think we should pound him with the info. If he took those shoe box lid fenders off and called it an ARCO, he might be able to sell it for $100 or so. He has come down on the price a couple of times. I had no intention of buying it, I just knew it wasn't a Cat.

I used to help people out on Ebay, but it's not worth the hassle or insults. Let him try and sell his "treasure", eventually he'll figure it out. Awesome fenders, eh?
Don't look at it as helping him out....Look at it as bugging the hell out of a know-it-all. My question to seller has already been sent....Ogy.

That bike is in Rochester NY. I used to live in Buffalo, and a lot of people have an attitude there. Generally grumpy and surly,and plain just not nice. We like to refer to it as "The Buffalo Nasty". Looks like it has bled over to Rochester.:eek:ut:

oh ya remember the unit with the cake pan fenders ,i emailed him and asked if they came with it . he emailed me back and said yes ? :doah: what a bonehead

he can,t sell it for 100 dollars that,s what he paid for it ,trying to make a few bucks, he has two mini,s on ebay right now starting bid on eigher is 200.00 good luck .:thefinger:

A lot of sellers actually know what they have. But will list it as a rupp, cat, ruttman, taco, whatever……… It is basically a way to manipulate search results. Just wait, it will be getting worse. EBay is going to a ad-words type format. Sellers will be able to pay/bid on key words to draw more views to there listing.

That's title spamming. It should be listed as what it is if they know. It sucks to look at a bunch of listings if they're not what you're searching for. I had a listing cancelled by eBay because I was selling a 73Pontiac Ventura. The title was 1973 Pontiac Ventura not Nova. They cancelled it because of the "not Nova" They called it spamming. I guess it's OK if they are the ones selling the spam. Out of curiosity I searched "not" and found thousands of listings. I had one cancelled because it was in the Parts Car category and I mentioned that I had the title. I had to relist without mention of the title. So in that case you lay the title on the seat and take a picture :wink:

Can you imagine how much fun it would be to ride that in the mud LOL. It would get heaver every lap and just a joy to clean up. I respond to adds in ebay all the time usually about trikes that they don't have a clue about. Most like to know more and the information shows up in their listing.
Jimh you can't win with some people but it's in your blood to be helpful and that is great.
Merry Christmas Steve :scooter:

I prefer not to tell people what they have when they don't already know for the most part.

That's how some people get deals.

There's been a couple people that I've taken to the car swapmeet for their first time and they proceed to start telling people what things are worth....seems like a "must do" for a rookie, but I frown upon it.

If everyone knew what they had then there would be no deals. And if they don't know what they have then they can't be disappointed for what it brings either now can they..

That bike is in Rochester NY. I used to live in Buffalo, and a lot of people have an attitude there. Generally grumpy and surly,and plain just not nice. We like to refer to it as "The Buffalo Nasty". Looks like it has bled over to Rochester.:eek:ut:
err...don't forget..Both myself and Liam (Minibikekid16) are from buffalo...