Cushman Minute Mizer

Here is an interesting restoration project. This is a Cushman Minute Miser. According to the Cushman factory, this was sold only to the Burlington Northern railroad and they bought approximately 20 to 35 a year. It was used as a track inspection car. It has an 8hp lighted gas Kohler engine that sets it aside from the normal Minute Miser which were all electric. This is the G model, (G for Gas) lol! This is the ONLY gas production model made, Cushman has no parts from the last 25 years so any parts will have to be fabricated unless in the unlikely event I can find a donor. It is thought that there were less than 500 made and never released to the public. This particular one was being put out into the trash. Seriously. No kidding. We took the carb off and cleaned it with carb cleaner and the damn thing runs pretty good. This will be restored at some point. This one will be a hoot!

Doc

Last edited:
Hi Tom,

I called Cushman and they gave me to the man they said would know more about the cart than anyone. I asked if he could take the serial number and give me a year. He stated the information was archived years ago and he really had no idea where to look so that became a dead end. As far as fenders go, it did have them but Cushman's electric Minute Miser is a completely different cart and they are not able to fit. He did email me from the electronic archives a parts manual. So from that and the few pictures on the web we can find, we'll make up some fenders that are close. I am not sure at this time how accurate a restoration we can do but even if it's only a close restoration, the vehicle will be a blast to play with. It drives pretty well over grass. This could easily become a Windber delivery cart.

Doc

Last edited:
I seen one similar to this but it was a tad smaller and 24 volt. It was used at the International tractor plant in the 60s or 70s. I bought a motor and snowblower from him and he wanted me to take that thing too. That thing was a tank heavy as all he!! Told him he could keep it. It was pretty cool looking.