cylinder gas tank, pocket bike tires, front brake calipers

I recently bought an old pocket bike for 20$ and took off the rims, brake calipers and want to set it up on my old style db30. However i think the bearings for the pocket bike are a little smaller than the doodlebugs and I see a lot of guys running these same kind of tire/rim/brake set ups and was just curious how they do it. Also what is a good way to clean the rims? I heard baking soda works well..?

Also I have an empty torch propane tank I want to turn into a cylinder tank, I have plenty of parts hanging around to fabricate one, but just curious on how to cut open or drill a hole in the propane tank safety. I pressed down on the valve under water till no bubbles are coming out and I'm going to blow some compressed air into the tank also. Just curious on any other safety precautions.. I have a cap for the gas tank, but curious on to what people use to make the petcock fitting. I heard garden hose attachments or something similar.

Thanks once again :pimp:

I have plenty of empty tanks laying around and if I fabricate the cylinder gas tanks good enough I'll give one to the most helpful person on this thread for just the cost of shipping 8-10$

Cheers!

JamnJM

Measure the axle diameter and Mini bike axle location holes...

I had to get some 5/8" bearings for my Rupp 12" wheels.

Tank should have a schrader valve like a tire does and remove it with a tire stem remover.

what a pain in the ass :scared:

i drilled out one valve and the hole is where I'm going to weld some briggs gas caps
ill make a little guide for this when im done, time to :sleeping: night

125ccCrazy

the rear wheel should be 12mm, same as the db axles...I don't remember if the X1 had a 10mm or 12mm front axle...if it is 10mm just swap the bearings for 12mm i.d bearing should be like a 6001zz............. I'm not sure if anyone sells a 5/8" i.d and a metric o.d bearing yet, I tried to get some a few years ago but No availability...

did you take the stand off the bottom of the bottle? Its hard to get off cleanly but there is also a nice dome on the bottom once the stand is removed

gbabins1

Yeah, I made some and had to pry the bottom off with a punch. Here's some pics....I have gotten better at making them since these pics, so keep that in mind

Yeah, I made some and had to pry the bottom off with a punch. Here's some pics....I have gotten better at making them since these pics, so keep that in mind

nice where did you get the bottom fitting for the gas line? I have a few tanks that are a little squared got any tips for rounding them out again? looks nice

I don't see any rags wrapped around it in your photos :doah:....plus next time try lower the tank to the shelf covering the vise screw and the jaws bottom to hold the top of the tank. :thumbsup:

I don't see any rags wrapped around it in your photos :doah:....plus next time try lower the tank to the shelf covering the vise screw and the jaws bottom to hold the top of the tank. :thumbsup:
good idea lol and yeah i guess it was too late than, its not bad though my first tank you live and you learn :shrug:

o_O I'm currently cleaning up the pocket bike rear rim in baking soda once thats clean i'll mount it and weld on the bracket for the front disc brake :thumbsup:

gbabins1

kindve dented its from the vice

is the fitting 1/8" inch?

I'm not really sure, I tried to find the wrapper last night so I could be certain...but you could also take a small piece of the fuel line you plan on using with you to Lowes to match it up.
As far as denting the tank, I'm not really sure how you could round it out, but the good thing is they're cheap to buy :wink:

I'm not really sure, I tried to find the wrapper last night so I could be certain...but you could also take a small piece of the fuel line you plan on using with you to Lowes to match it up.
As far as denting the tank, I'm not really sure how you could round it out, but the good thing is they're cheap to buy :wink:
okay thanks and yes thats what I planned to do :thumbsup: