cylinder shaped tanks !!

why is it so hard to find those cylinder shaped gas tanks ? i have looked everywhere . i see them on alot of bikes but yet no one seems to know where to buy them i`ve only found one place but he wants 300. bucks for one . that is crazy, it seems here in florida no deals much with mini`s everyone looks at me like i`m crazy when i tell them i`m looking for mini bike stuff . i`d have one made but most of the places here that do custom stuff are the custom motorcycle shops but most of them are billy lane wanna be`s and they have attitude unless your on a harley!! i can`t finish my mini without a tank i cut the tank mounts off the block (dumb ass) now i`m stuck any suggestions ??::confused:

they only have tanks that are to big to fit on a mini , i only need a tank 3x9 inch plus like you said they cost more than my whole mini.:eek:ut:

an a/c evap tank might work but i don`t have a tig welder to do it nice and neat some one should go into bussiness making tanks i know i`m noy the only one looking for these tanks

Those cylinder tanks are tough to find for a good price...I watch Surplus Center for them, but grab 'em quick when you can get them...

Exhaust tubing is easy to MIG into a tank...this one was $5...3-1/2" x 7".

Funny it should be brought up to us a reciever/drier. I was wandering aroud work the other day looking for something I could make a round gas tank out of. We keep 3 months worth of warranty replaced parts until we get the go ahead to trash em. That is exactly what caught my eye! Found one that is about 8 inches long and 4 inches in diameter. It has a smooth rounded top and two outlets on the bottom. Thought I would drill a hole in the top and find an aluminum cap to thread into it. Then one of the outlets would go to the engine and the other I can use a couple brass fittings to make a 180 degree bend out the side of the tank. On that fitting could go a glass cylinder that would show the fuel level. OH...I was going to mount the tank long ways from top to bottom.

jeep4me

I have this one. It's off from a vintage Briggs engine. The measurements are 9" long and 4" wide.

It's in pretty good shape. A little rusty, on the outside only.

PM me if you are interested.

Say guys, Don't know if this would work or not cause I've never experimented with it, but. How about using schedule 80 pvc pipe with glued on end caps. The walls are approx 5/16" thick and most likely could be drilled and threaded to accept a filler neck and petcock valve. This might be a viable option.....Ogy.

hey kenny , no not that truck it is still in build .48 ford cab,34 ford frame 40inch narrowed quick change rearend bb chevy fifth hotrod in two years ,28 sedan 34 vickie,34 coupe 29 ratrod , 48 p/u.