Danford1 Wards 525 Just For Fun Class

I found time yesterday to work on a Minibike because of the rain. I couldn't do what needed to be done outside because of the wind, rain and cold, so I assembled the Minibike.
I still need to have a seat cover made and I want to extend the exhaust pipe to move the muffler out back
Danford1

Last edited:
Very nice! Looks great! I've always wondered what it would be like to use an animal on a bike, looking forward to the video!

Sent from my iPhone using OldMiniBikes

Very nice! Looks great! I've always wondered what it would be like to use an animal on a bike, looking forward to the video!

This is actually the 3rd Animal I used on minibikes :) They all had torque converters and 10" rims too. I have a video from one of my last years build off bikes.
It was just to show that it ran per the rules. You can't see much, but the first time I drove left to right you can see the front tire come up with just from light throttle. The carb wasn't adjusted right as you can hear it sputter. I corrected that but don't have a video of it.
That Orange Sears is geared more for speed than torque and it still comes up easily. The Blue 525 here has a bigger rear sprocket and as result has a lot of low end grunt. What helps the Wards is my butt is in front of the rear axle more than on the Sears minibike. That helps keep the front end down a tad. The rear axle would have to move back a few more inches or a wheelie bar would be needed for hard launches. Neither of those will happen so I just have to take off slower than nail it once I get moving :)
Danford1
[video=vimeo;209643918]https://vimeo.com/209643918[/video]

Last edited:
I put my new seat on today. The build is mostly done. I'll have to take more pictures with my coffee cup, I forgot about it...
I'll make a ride video soon.
Danford1

Last edited:
Here is a combined video showing both of my build off bikes. I remembered to show the coffee cup too :)
This build is now complete.
Danford1
[video=vimeo;272110176]https://vimeo.com/272110176?utm_source=email&utm_medium=vimeo-cliptranscode-201504&utm_campaign=28749[/video]

Here is a combined video showing both of my build off bikes. I remembered to show the coffee cup too :)
This build is now complete.
Danford1
[video=vimeo;272110176]https://vimeo.com/272110176?utm_source=email&utm_medium=vimeo-cliptranscode-201504&utm_campaign=28749[/video]
There is no link for the video...

I got one of the videos to work.:laugh: Very cool. That Rupp looks fast and fun. If you ever make it to the Windber show, that is the bike you want to bring for the trails. Great job. Congrats on remembering the coffee mug. I could never remember the secret object in my photos.

Thank you both.
Manchester1, I can't make it to Windber again. I go on the Hot Rod Power Tour and it is always the same time Windber is. If they are ever on different dates I might make it out there. With the rain and mud there, the Rupp would be my pick too. The Wards is much faster than the Rupp both in acceleration and top speed. You just can't tell watching the test ride video. That was made just to satisfy the rules to show they start, run and stop... My Orange Sears Puddle Jumper from last years build off is probably the fastest of the 3. I would need to get someone to ride one. Drag race them and find out :)
Danford1

Last edited:
That Wards looks a lot like a Gilson. You did a beautiful Job!! My computer is slow to load the videos, but It did let me open the wards pictures. Love the blue and the great seat. A real pretty bike.