Dart cycle by Rupp

Hello All, Just picked up a Dart cycle and I am trying to find out the color? It looks to be gold with an orange tint to it? It is original paint. Also a code or number to have paint mixed? I would guess it is an automotive paint of that era? Thanks for any and all help! Chrismh DSC00037.JPG DSC00039.JPG DSC00038.JPG

I figured you or John had got it. Emailed the guy, Told him I could be there that afternoon and I would not haggle on price and he emailed me back and told me it was mine. I think I got lucky? Chris

capguncowboy

I figured you or John had got it. Emailed the guy, Told him I could be there that afternoon and I would not haggle on price and he emailed me back and told me it was mine. I think I got lucky? Chris
John hadn't even seen it. Once the listing was removed, i called him you all of he got it. If you decide you would rather sell it and triple your money, let me know.

Thanks for the offer, I have already stripped and primed the frame and have a new seat ordered from manchester1. Again, Thanks for the offer.......Chris

Maybe?? I do not know for sure, This sure seemed to be orgi. paint.......Nothing under the gold. If it was blue, Someone did a nice job of striping and painting? I think I read something about High visibility gold as a color on these? I wish I had paid att. to this stuff 50 years ago! HA! Thanks for your input, I am sure I will find out.....Chris

Rupp 72

I believe you could get a dart cycle as a kit, so it may have been painted by the original owner. I have never heard of a gold for the dart cycles. There was a gold in 1968 for sure but i can't find anything where it mentions gold for 1962-1964. What does the id tag say?