Davis Tote Gote 414 Vintage class

Davis

Here we go again ive been starring at this one for a few years now. Now its time for a restore ive rounded up some nos stuff from member Richard Trotter but still need a few more things but not much.

Model 400 was popular for kids and the ladies...
414 was the 4hp 'climber', high gear ratio model, while the 404 was a faster 4hp gote. The 403 was a 3hp version.

Attachments

Last edited:

Davis

I got it all apart now after a hell week in my shop after a customer ran into my shop in his car I just fixed and spilled 55 gallons of waste paint thinner across my floor and took out a wall and a few airlines and ruined a few paint guns I’m just about up and running again.

Davis

It’s not much to see at the moment it’s gutted now. And Tim I’ve seen that gote it’s great one of the better ones for kids for sure.

Davis

Finally got my shop fixed up and kinda caught up on my backlog of work. Got my paint mixed up today it’s gonna be a bright pearl yellow with a bright silver motor and wheels. Had to switch it up on this one kinda getting tired of red with black motors. I thought I had a nice 4hp briggs lined up for this one but the guy that has it welched on selling it to me. So I’m looking to do a briggs 5hp dual bearing ic block.