DB30 Inverted Fork Front End

I have fabbed up a front end for the Doodlebug and I was wondering if anybody would be interested in buying these and what would be the price range the someone would be willing to pay? It would be a direct bolton front end with no modding and I would offer the stock spring rate for riders 160lbs or less and the stiffer spring rate, also upgraded bushings are any option. The front end makes a HUGE difference! Anyway, I am just seeing if it would be worth my time to make them. Your input is appreciated!:thumbsup:

Any comments, cause THIS JUST HAPPENED! Seriously, is there a market for this in the low $200 range?? Yeah, I know it cost about as much as most peoples bikes, but you can't compare the ride quality of a suspension. Anyway...comments please.:thumbsup:

It would cost me $100 in materials at the minimum. Then welding supplies and fabrication time. I know most people aren't trying to spend money these days.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Any comments, cause THIS JUST HAPPENED! Seriously, is there a market for this in the low $200 range?? Yeah, I know it cost about as much as most peoples bikes, but you can't compare the ride quality of a suspension. Anyway...comments please.:thumbsup:
May interest a couple here that have more money than time/tools. But for the majority, DB is bought in the first place cuz its so cheap usually. So forking (see what I did there?:wink:) over 200 just for a sprung front end, bit much for the average DB owner.

That aside, nice! Like the front end, and also the rear swing arm and seat! :drinkup: Looks good

I don't think you will sell any at all. You could save your self some time by Not cutting a Z50 front fork in half and welding pieces in between to widening it to fit the DB30 front wheel, You could just run a Z50 front wheel with the front brake assemble already there on the Honda Z50 rim.

I don't think you will sell any at all. You could save your self some time by Not cutting a Z50 front fork in half and welding pieces in between to widening it to fit the DB30 front wheel, You could just run a Z50 front wheel with the front brake assemble already there on the Honda Z50 rim.
or the 12' pit bike front end.

Going with the dirt bike tire up front makes you loose the look and feel of the fat tire DB30. It would look like a hybrid pit bike/mini bike. But, yeah I didn't think it would sell for a price that would pay for my labor and welding consumables.

Maybe if you cnc cut new fork plates and put bar clamps you could get closer to $200 for them,hacked up and rewelded does not look professional enough for that price.

$60 bucks for the forks,$50 for the cnc plates leaves you $90 buckS to grind off a few tack weld and tack on the new plate.since you only need to do the lower and the top is a bolt on should be able to keep the consumables down to about $5 bucks apiece.

Last edited:
Yeah, by the time I buy the forks, then get plates made it would not be worth my time and effort. I thought about getting the plates made, but that drives the price up, I think it will cost at least $75 to get plates done and then I would have to by the aluminum! OK, thanks for all of your suggestions and helping me come to reality. :thumbsup: