DB30 Stock Optimization

So I bought a new throttle cable, throttle return spring and brakes for my son's new Doodle. He's really into it. Awesome. :) Now eventually I am going to upgrade the motor and stuff to get him going faster and have more fun, but for now during his learning experience I'm going to keep it stock because it seem to be a good suit for him. However, being I bought it used I'd like to make sure I'm squeezing out every drop I can get out of it. Can anyone point me to any kind of info or tutorial on how to optimize the stock 97cc motor, carburetor, clutch, chain, etc. for maximum performance? I'm still new and I'm soaking it all in right now. :) I want to make sure everything is proper and the best it could be. Thanks!

Most guys use those 97cc engines for boat anchors.:laugh: Your best bet would be to spend 99.00 at harbor freight for a predator. 212cc. Search some threads and you will find plenty of information on the upgrades.:thumbsup:

CarPlayLB

Awww c'mon Manchester! That's just mean!
The 97cc engine is at it's peak performance potential right now. Throwing any money at it will reap heaps of diminishing returns.

For right now it is a good motor for your child. Let him get used to riding and tear the little motor up! You did not mention the age or weight of your boy. Those stats are critical in this equation.

I have been maligned based upon my comments about not spending money on the small motors. My thoughts are that whatever money you can throw at it will make it unreliable, potentially dangerous due to lack of aftermarket billet parts, and the whole diminishing returns thing. There are others here that will spend $100 on a jackshaft kit or buy torque converters and still wonder why that tiny engine does not perform up to their expectations. You can put a 4 cylinder 2000cc engine in a MAC truck and it will go...but you will be disappointed!
A 6.5 HP motor can be bought at Harbor Freight for $100...best bang for the buck there is. That motor has great aftermarket support and can be built cheaply. Don't throw money at a small engine and build a bomb! Let your son get comfortable with the little engine as it sits. When he is ready for a bigger motor you can go that direction.
rant over...my .02

My son probably around 80 pounds. He just turned 10. He goes really well on it. Even up the street on the big hill my house is on. I have no reason to buy a bigger motor or anything yet. I was just looking for info on making sure the bike is "tuned up" and running its best for what it is.

Don't get me wrong. I have a friend that may part with a Doodle with no motor. I'll be going to HF right away if I get that off him. But then that will be my toy! I'd hate to have the kid get hurt on something too fast for him. It's his 1st ever ATV/Offroad/etc. vehicle.

CarPlayLB

Leave it alone and drive the tires off it! Do the usual tune up stuff. New spark plug is a biggie. Make sure carb is clean. Change the oil and maybe adjust the valves