Decatur swap meet buy

MadKaw

After walking past a lot of over priced Murray's, and a couple of beat to hell warriors, all I found worth looking at was this.

I know it's not a minibike. But it is Old, mini, and a bike :)
It's a1980 Motron Medalist, with an Italian Minarelli V1 engine. 366 original miles, and was riding it after 2 hours of fiddling.

Cool! I was at the Decatur swap meet too and pick up this Thunderbird for $60 Saturday afternoon. (not that I knew what it was until someone here told me.) I don't know how it went over looked for so long. It had some kind of Harley type handle bars that didn't fit which I promptly sold for $20. Tires have new tubes even. I have a vintage little Tecumseh perfect for it.

MadKaw

It was built in Italy, same engine that was in quite a few bikes.they wanted to call them "moto Romeo", but there was some kind of fuss from another maker. So they combined the words...kind of, and called it Motron. There's quite a bit of info on then on the web. Even found the original advertisements for them. And this 366 mile honey I got for $150 as the guy was lacking up ready to leave. Score!!! :)

Ps, I sold it today for $400

MadKaw

Cool! I was at the Decatur swap meet too and pick up this Thunderbird for $60 Saturday afternoon. (not that I knew what it was until someone here told me.) I don't know how it went over looked for so long. It had some kind of Harley type handle bars that didn't fit which I promptly sold for $20. Tires have new tubes even. I have a vintage little Tecumseh perfect for it.

I had and sold a cherry original one of those a few months ago. It had a 4hp Tecumseh in it and would haul butt too. My daughter was riding it until she got to be to tall and her knees hit the bars.