Do I have a hemi???

Thanks! The picture on the boxes at the Harbor Freight by my house are of the old motor but the item number is the Hemi number, I guess the only way to find out is too look in the box. Thanks again!

I went up to my local Harbor Freight and checked out the Predator 212cc, they have 8 Hemi motors there!!! If I was to get one to replace my older predator what can I expect to be different, I don't plan on changing anything, I do have a header pipe on my motor now, I might change the air cleaner to a performance one but thats about it. Will it be faster, more torque, smoother idle??? Thanks!

I went up to my local Harbor Freight and checked out the Predator 212cc, they have 8 Hemi motors there!!! If I was to get one to replace my older predator what can I expect to be different, I don't plan on changing anything, I do have a header pipe on my motor now, I might change the air cleaner to a performance one but thats about it. Will it be faster, more torque, smoother idle??? Thanks!
I've put one on my old Warrior, Idles great, plenty of torque and I love it. I'm planning on doing some engine mods later on.

brown boonie

JUST REMEMBER-EXPECT IT WHEN YOU LEAST EXPECT IT!
harbor freight says the hemi is a 7 hp engine instead of a 6.5. not sure what the older 212cc engine torque rating is.

Depending on how old your current predator is you'll gain 200 rpm. My old one is rated 3600 and the new one is 3800rpm, I think the hemi is also 3800. The hemi has a flat top piston so you could build a beast easier by slapping a different head on it. The hemi valve train looks beefier as well.

All that said I'd say you'll see very little difference in speed

I like the flat top piston, and if you decide to change the cam, the hemi engine takes the same cam as the GX200 or the 6.5 clone engine.

Box handle makes a good sight glass for the valve cover.
that's a great tip right there! (saves you having to look like a jerk, opening up the box in the store to check...lol)

I notice the picture isn't right for the hemi, on the Harbor Freight website, either. H-F needs to get their marketing and engineering departments more coordinated.

Last edited:
Are these dyno numbers that you are giving us, if so are these these ungoverned numbers ? :rolleyes:
I think it's box stock numbers. I believe he has a thread with upgrades and hp numbers along the way. Off the top of my brain damaged head I think he hit 20-25 hp in the end

18+ Horsepower is fairly easy to obtain with the correct combination of pieces&parts and the end result on a Mini Is...........:eek:ut::smile::smile:

Last edited:
18+ Horsepower is fairly easy to obtain with the correct combination of pieces&parts and the end result on a Mini Is...........:eek:ut::smile::smile:
For the rest of us novices, what parts and pieces are worth 18hp in a predator? Isee ltos of builds but no real dyno numbers. Youngengines is the onyl one I have seen Dyno numbers.

Cuda54

What is on the list of parts you need to get 18+ HP out of the 60363? I just bought the 60363 engine and would like to know what the best part are to get the most HP out of it. Does it use the GX200 cam and parts? Or do you need special parts for the 60363 engine?