Doodle Bug Honda Clone Exhaust replacement

Its nearing spring time, so i decided to finally upgraded my doodlebug from stock to the Harbor Freight 6.5hp Honda Clone. it fit perfectly, with only minor issues. the only real main issue for me was the exhaust. the stock exhaust on that engine cant be used in its current state, because of its position ( about 3 inches from my leg... )

i have been looking around for a replacement, but i really dont know if there are sizes i have to be looking for. im looking for something like this...http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/attachments/doodlebug-minibikes/16043d1266262951-doodlebug-6-5-engine-swap-kit-dscn0709-1-.jpg

i dont want to pay over like $30 for a little pipe. any ideas?

JoshM

i dont want to pay over like $30 for a little pipe. any ideas?
Buy a flange and pipe and weld your own. :shrug:

Unless you have the metal laying around, the money and time spent will be close to just buying a header that's already made.

Making your own for an automobile can save quite a bit of money. But I can't see much savings in making your own 12" (or less) pipe.

Buy a flange and pipe and weld your own. :shrug:

Unless you have the metal laying around, the money and time spent will be close to just buying a header that's already made.

Making your own for an automobile can save quite a bit of money. But I can't see much savings in making your own 12" (or less) pipe.
i dont any access to welding, and i dont know anyone that welds around me. so if there is a decent priced website i can buy off of...

JoshM

I'd go with OldMiniBikes Warehouse to support the site, but that's up to you. All headers seem to be in the $30-$40 range.

will ANY pipe fit on my engine? or is there a specific size i need for the part that bolts onto the engine. im looking at OldMiniBikes, pretty decent prices.

Here is the one I used from HotRodMiniBike.com.

And here it is on the bike.

It is not even close to my leg, I can feel some heat from it if I am stopped and the engine is running.

It should fit, and so long as it is not damaged when you try to install it....

A the bottom of the OldMiniBikes Warehouse page is a link that says "Returns". And it says:

Returns
Unused merchandise can be returned at your expense postmarked within 14 days. Please send all returns to:

OldMiniBikes Warehouse 2550 Edgely Rd Levittown PA 19057

A full refund will be issued as soon as we process the return, sans shipping.

DO NOT RETURN USED/DIRTY PARTS - WE WILL KNOW AND WILL NOT CREDIT YOU!

It should fit, and so long as it is not damaged when you try to install it....

A the bottom of the OldMiniBikes Warehouse page is a link that says "Returns". And it says:

Returns
Unused merchandise can be returned at your expense postmarked within 14 days. Please send all returns to:

OldMiniBikes Warehouse 2550 Edgely Rd Levittown PA 19057

A full refund will be issued as soon as we process the return, sans shipping.

DO NOT RETURN USED/DIRTY PARTS - WE WILL KNOW AND WILL NOT CREDIT YOU!
Thank you! im going to get my dad to buy it....! i hope it works!