Doodlebug? No, MM?

Johnwesley

I was picking up what was supposed to be in MM 80. He sent me pictures before I went to pick it up and it was a clearly hey doodlebug, or so I thought. I picked it up, carried it home and started washing it. My first thought was I have never seen a factory black doodlebug, then I noticed it had MM decals place throughout the bike. It also had a decal that read RivetMM. So it must be the same bike as a doodlebug but distributed by different companies. Or the Chinese are cloning themselves. :laugh:

This is the first time I have seen this brand on a doodlebug what say ye? A clone of a clone :blink:

Last edited:
That is weird ...believe.monster moto was a split off from motovox..which is shuttered..you better off with that doodle whatever..hehe..they have more room and the look is old style..nice score..

ive got a special run of DB30s that were made specifically for Mooser Motorsports of Statesville NC. had factory springer forks that sold better than the minis themselves, so i have 2 leftover frames minus seats and forks. They are labeled "Moose" even though they were supposed to say Mooser LOL

Johnwesley

DB , and Rivet is one of the names they used , Black is the rare one ( that's what I tell people ) :laugh:
so this is a collectable one :laugh:

That is weird ...believe.monster moto was a split off from motovox..which is shuttered..you better off with that doodle whatever..hehe..they have more room and the look is old style..nice score..
i'm happy with this one. I prefer this style and liked the $75price

ive got a special run of DB30s that were made specifically for Mooser Motorsports of Statesville NC. had factory springer forks that sold better than the minis themselves, so i have 2 leftover frames minus seats and forks. They are labeled "Moose" even though they were supposed to say Mooser LOL
thats cool I've never seen those. post a pic of it, especially the forks.

the tank on this one is full of a gas rust mix that looks like mud. it won't even drain out of the tank. ive pulled the carb and cleaned it. The fuel line broke off when intouched it. The rest of the bike looks good, the tires still have the tits on it. It was said to have less than 2hrs on it

I hope to find two more old style bikes and put the 212 in them for the wife and myself. Mini bikes, its a faimly thing :thumbsup:

Take a look at the Coleman mini bikes , similar to the DB just a tad larger , Brand New at Wal-Mart for $399 and they already have a 6.5 hp clone !!

Johnwesley

Take a look at the Coleman mini bikes , similar to the DB just a tad larger , Brand New at Wal-Mart for $399 and they already have a 6.5 hp clone !!
thats a good idea and cheaper. typical price around here for a used db30 is $200-250. so with just the engine purchase I would already be around 375 plus the work of modding the frame for the 212. I'll look around our wal mart doesn't cary them

Check the fine print, Tons of places where the walmart will not sale or deliver them to. Arkansas happens to be one.

got this one on the tool cart, since at the time I had the db30 on the lift. It looks cool with the tank off so i may mount it under the seat. I can make the brakets for that.

Texas out also (I have family there so I looked). Looks like OK a no go also.

Judging by their list it might have been shorter to put what states they would sell in.

Where did you find that list. I looked and couldn't find anything. When I looked the bike price was 499 instead of 399.

That is the black friday ad. I'm signed up to get emails from walmart so they emailed it to me.

No I don't do the black friday hoopla but I was really thinking about it until I seen their not available list. I got a brother in Jonesboro that might sneak over to Tennessee but he's busy with his work right now and I'm not gonna ask him. Other than that they seem to have every surrounding state I have family in listed. My aunt in Texas is a die hard black friday nut so I had my hopes up, lol. Guess I'll just sit back and keep waiting on a warrior deal to fall in my lap.

man is warrior heaven here..guess coz of Daytona bike week ..like a little Harley ..I like Coleman better coz upright seating you can get up on pegs to raise your backside off seat a few seconds when you see a bump coming.. got three 2" black seat springs I gonna use on my Coleman seat. ..unless you add swing arm to a warrior or metal seat pan and springs

Last edited:
man is warrior heaven here..guess coz of Daytona bike week ..like a little Harley ..I like Coleman better coz upright seating you can get up on pegs to raise your backside off seat a few seconds when you see a bump coming.. got three 2" black seat springs I gonna use on my Coleman seat. ..unless you add swing arm to a warrior or metal seat pan and springs
Around here any mini bike is rare. You can pick up smaller 4 wheelers a dime a dozen because thats what everybody gets their kids. Most of the minis that show up on CL are restored and worth the asking price or trashed and nowhere near the restored asking price they are asking ("but thats what they sell for on CL"). Chopping the warrior up for rear suspension is my exact plan. Their frames just look like it'll be easier to do than the coleman bike (not saying it can't be done).

you can easily make the seat a flip up with a door hinge and some sort of latch. then fuel tank under the seat would be nice and clean and hidden. plus you dont have to worry about fuel splashing out on your leg if you overfill