Doodlebug Rear TIRE gone :(

Hi, I'm new to these forums and I'm from Canada.

Well today I had an unpleasant experience while riding down full throttle on a straight away. The road was clear of any construction so I didn't have the warning or notification that there would be NAILS on the road. However before arriving home I realize my speed is reduced (because of a nail in the rear tire -.-) I didn't think much about it and drove home. Few hours later I go for my evening ride, to find that my rear tire is flat. I knew this was a big problem because in that few hours for that much air to leak out it must be a pretty bad puncher. I look for the hole and found a head of a nail in the tire all the way in. I take this nail out and its about a good 2 inch that pierced through the tire.

Question Here if you don't wanna read the story :laugh:

Now my question is in Canada finding tires is hard. I see many nice tires on websites such as northern tool, etc. etc. But thats all in the states...Finding a tire thats right for my Doodlebug could be a challenge. I basically checked any store that sold tires, all of them were car tires. I don't want to order from Baja because the tire is too expensive, and the quality isn't that great, and since I ride on pavement mostly it wouldn't be an ideal tire..

Please help me out, thanks

Have you tried princess auto? I dunno if they have one near you but they always seem to have tires that look about the right size.

If the tread is good just plug it. Should work just fine for ya. If it's starting to go bald (like my rear tire), just replace it then.

I've heard of plugging a tire, I didn't really think of it because I thought the nail made too big of a hole so it would be pointless...should I consider this?

Also to the person who mentioned Princess auto, Yes they have some nice things there, but as for tires they come short in that. I bought the 6.5hp engine there tho :laugh:

Thanks and I appreciate all of you guys help ~

Mr X

I plugged my tire and it's perfect and took like 20 min to do. If you want new tires you can check out daymak, royal distribution, kal tire or a baja dealer. All will have the tire you need but royal distribution will cost the least

Oh I figured it would...because that last digit on the tire size (6) I think means the dimension for the rim? I'm not sure but I think the doodlebugs dimension for the rim is 6 inches.

i got mine from kal tire like someone had mentioned, just ask for the cheng shin turf saver..its the same as the carlisle's....15x6x6 i belive:thumbsup:

id deffiantly go for the 4 ply lil more money but much better tire.

i got mine from kal tire like someone had mentioned, just ask for the cheng shin turf saver..its the same as the carlisle's....15x6x6 i belive:thumbsup:

id deffiantly go for the 4 ply lil more money but much better tire.
Yeah the two ply wal-mart ones from carlisle suck off road and wear badly on the street. My front tire still looks new, the rear is really bald and I've never done a burnout. It just wears badly from spinning under acceleration over a rise in the road. Even when new they have terrible traction on and off road, they're built for riding mowers and the compound is all wrong!

Hi guys, Appreciate all the help. This is by far one of the best minibike forums on the net. Many questions I have are answered here.

On topic:

I managed to plug the tire, and no signs of leak.

cxbra

Patch the tire from the inside w/ rubber and rubber cement, letting the cement fill the hole outwards. Now, make sure its smooth so you wont have problems later.. Now, get an inner tube, fill with air and baam, your back on. Not to brag, but I was ecstatic the other day when I found out my Bonanza has 2 piece rims. Rear tire was getting bald, just unbolted the front and back wheels and rotated the fresh front tire to the back, the worn one to the front. NO MORE will I have to deal w/ :censure: tire shops!