Double Vision

The Pit Viper lives. Got the sync problems and linkage solved. This thing shakes the whole building. For a miniature, it sure makes a lot of noise. Took it for a test ride... lots of torque and a little sketchy on the handling. Need a helmet before I take it any further.

Dude that thing is great. :punk: helmets are for girls. Crack it wide open and don't hit anything. :scooter: There is %0 chance I would build something like that then not ride it because I had no helmet. The first time I drove the Suicycle it was about 1:00 am, dark as hell and just a frame, rear wheel chained to an engine, and I was WAYYYYYYyyyyyyyyyyy drunk on cheap whiskey. I cobbled a mountain bike front end in it JUST so it had two wheels... Out in the dark 60 plus wide open running the carb by hand and LOVED IT!!!! :punk: One of my most memorable rides ever.... :thumbsup: Helmet laws suck... NOT RIDING your own creation because of a lack of one is enslavement. :sad:

Thanks for all the great comments. The wheels are 10" from BMI Karts. I put scooter tires on them, perfect fit. Had some spacers milled from aluminum to attach sprocket and disc to them. never did get the helmet but took "The Restore Kid's" advice...six pack and became invincible. It's like riding a 2x6 with skates for wheels. Hauls ass but you got to pay attention all the time.

It's really not the design or the bikes fault. I just have no experience with raked-out front ends. Been riding dirt bikes and cafe racers forever. First time on a chopper type. The good news is the more I ride the better it feels.:thumbsup:

Oldsalt

Cool! This is the first time that I have got to see a picture of a drive arraingment. Dual clutches have seemed like the way to go, I'm thinking, when two engines are to be coupled together. What had to be done to solve the 'sync and linkage'problems you mentioned? What were the symtoms and what was the cure? You say the handling is a bit 'sketchy'. Is that due to the amount of rake?