doug9694 Doug Cutler an old lawn mower/boat mechanic

I am 68 and live in Temperance, Mich. near Lake Erie. I am now semi retired due to being laid off from a low paying marina mechanic job.
I need to get back into more repairs to help pay winter heat. Did small engine repairs since 1983 and slowed way down when I had to
re-inter the job market at the marina 1999 thru 2010. I had repaired a few mini bikes and go karts back then. They are much more scarce now then back in the 80's 90's.

buckeye

I would think with your experience, you could make a few bucks.
One of my plans to supplememt my retirement is small engine repair.
Good luck man.

We have a place near hale, mi and around there the big things are side by sides and golf carts of course now with winter setting in snowmobiles will be all over the place.

We want to move up there but I still need to work, a while back my nephew who lives up there suggested doing small engine repair but looking around I see a lot of that going on already.

I'd love to buy a 5' by 10' cnc router and use it to cut out precision mini hydro planes and sell as a kit but I highly doubt I could make any real money at it.Of course there are many other things the router could do.

I am 68 and live in Temperance, Mich. near Lake Erie. I am now semi retired due to being laid off from a low paying marina mechanic job.
I need to get back into more repairs to help pay winter heat. Did small engine repairs since 1983 and slowed way down when I had to
re-inter the job market at the marina 1999 thru 2010. I had repaired a few mini bikes and go karts back then. They are much more scarce now then back in the 80's 90's.
Move to the Detroit area....they are everywhere. More than in the 80's and 90's.

MB165

welcome, sounds like you are a jack of all trades....I still have my 1956 5.5hp Johnson cd13a my shop teacher gave me in high school, always fun to hear that thin put put along....