drag bike build

started building my drag bike in early september hoping to top 60+ mph in the 1/8 mile. power plant is a vintage hirth 292cc 19hp snojet engine with a comet 94c duster driver and a 10" salsbury driven. gearing is 20t jackshaft to a 54t rear sprocket. don't know what this bike will do?

Attachments

Last edited:
Nice work,
Is that a two stroke engine? if it is you need a expansion chamber exhaust, it will be a night and day difference in the hp, sound and performance of that engine. Try looking at two stroke go cart racing exhaust i.e Yamaha KT 100 and even old 70's Japanese motocross bikes. Keep posting pics I would like to see your progress.
Good luck and keep building.
Tim

Hey Tubro,
Not to be nosey, but is that a Harman Karman or Realistic Am/FM receiver in your shop. I know I am telling my age if it is. That is a real stereo. I will be starting a drag build soon so maybe share some tricks!!
Tim

bikebudy

Banned - Must pay $500
BTW, You may already know but, I'd be rubber mounting that engine.

I also have had some experience with that front wheel type. If it don't have a bearing spacer
between the bearings, you better put one in. My wheel caved because it did not have one.