Drag minibikes is their classes they run in

well i was watchin some of the drag mini bike videos on youtube and seen quit a few ,many with different type engines. now is their classes set for these lil machines? like they have in drag racing?

or is it pretty much animal vs animal,
raptor vs raptor n so on.

i'm plannin to build me a drag style mini bike, i already got a guy that can weld me up a frame, just not sure what class to run in.

any info would help.

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
No classes, if you think you can beat someone you just speak up, and offer a challenge.

In the summer there will be a open class starting up. There are only a few rules.

1, You have to run a small block, nothing bigger than a 6.5hp block. Briggs 6.5hp, Animal, WF, Clones, Honda, Yamaha, 5hp, raptor etc.

2, No billet blocks, or purpose built racing blocks.

3, You must ride your own bike, no jockey's until there is a champion. Once there is a champ, you can put someone on your bike within 30 lbs of the champions weight. Once the champ is beaten the new champ must ride his own bike.

You can build your motor to any size, and run any fuel you like.:hammer:

damm thats gonna be tight , when is this gonna jump off?
my boy be sayin they be racin near the 91 freeway on sundays.they still do that?

you know any shops near compton that sell parts, i need a front rim and a good tire, not no dolly wheels.any info would.

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
Not near Compton
The closest place nearby is Marco's Lawn And Garden, but it's in Lynwood. I think 113th and Atlantic.

Yes that's where we race at, but mainly on Saturdays. We do on Sunday's as well, but not as many poeple show up.

Classes would be cool though.

I think small engine classes would be interesting to see who could milk a 3HP. A stock class would be neat to see what stock bikes where the quickest.:thumbsup:

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
cool i gonna check em out, thanks, wut time on saturdays?
I normally get there at 3:30pm and stay until everyone leaves.
Normally people get there at 4pm, but I like to be early because sometimes I will catch someone pre testing there minibike for a race.

Sorry guys the modified 3hp wouldn't make enough power to satisfy any of the racers.

mdb do the poe poes come over their and will they take your bike?
i'm lookin at building me something decent, just hope i have better luck drivin over their than i do on the streets.

i see cop cars with mini bikes in the trunks every once in a wile.

don't wanna risk my chips

seen some vids on you tube, i seen some cats using rear disc brakes, who sells those and how much do they go for?
any shop in LOS ANGELES area install them?

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
Yeah sometimes the cops come, but they just make us leave. This happens about once a month.

BMI Karts, or ebay is the best place to get the disc brake setup. But it really isn't needed.

cool, thats good they don't trip, so the disc brake ain't really needed,even on them fast mini bikes,like the ones i seen on youtube?
a regular foot brake will do

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
Yeah, it's not like something comes out of no ware. Traffic goes both ways like a street and people stay on there side. When a serious race is gonna happen we clear the street out anyway. Only because it's money on the line.