Dual Valve spring compressor tool

Anyone have any home remedies for installing these bad boys? C-clamp isn't doing it for me and I'd rather not spend the money for the tool.

If you have an Oriellys auto parts near you they rent them out you just put deposit of cost of tool. Without a tool you can take the spring and put it in a vise to compress and tie the strongest thinnest wire you can find around/through it(I would usually tie one on each side). Cable wire works good.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk 2

If you have an Oriellys auto parts near you they rent them out you just put deposit of cost of tool. Without a tool you can take the spring and put it in a vise to compress and tie the strongest thinnest wire you can find around/through it(I would usually tie one on each side). Cable wire works good.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk 2
Matter a fact I work at O'reilly's. The only tool we have is the giant c-clamp, which is what I have. I never thought about compressing it and tying it together. Thanks!:thumbsup:

125ccCrazy

I fabbed my own from a cheap C clamp and a piece of flatstock...if you have a drill, a file and welder you could have one made in a half hour..

In Canada we have a place called Princess Auto...just like your Harbour Fright...
I believe they sell a couple different kinds and one is for a small engines...with a hand grip compressor...it is only $30.00 on sale for $20.00... I sure you can get one in the US cheaper...
Good investment...

Are you putting the dual springs on a flattie or ohv motor? This makes a big difference for which tool to use. If oriellys doesn't rent the tool you can for sure order it that's where I get all my oddball tools. I'll take a pic of the compressors I have once I can get out to the garage if that helps

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Are you putting the dual springs on a flattie or ohv motor? This makes a big difference for which tool to use. If oriellys doesn't rent the tool you can for sure order it that's where I get all my oddball tools. I'll take a pic of the compressors I have once I can get out to the garage if that helps

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
OHV, anything will help.