E 3 Spark plugs

NTRO

I have a stock DB and it was stalling out at about 1/4 to half throttle. so went and got a E3 plug, at lowes. WOW big difference.
the engine has a whole different tone to it...just putting this out there to anyone who hasnt tried one .best 6 dollar investment on this thing yet.:scooter:

CarPlayLB

I don't know about the E3 plugs...good testamonial. Something about the stock plugs in the Chinese engines I don't trust. I always change the plug out before I even start 'em!

They're not getting good reviews. The fancy grounding straps turn in to glow plugs. The owner of the plug below had to change a piston. Lots of snake oil with plugs over the years. The exception might be Irridium plugs that some of the MFGR's require in their motors. (Toyota for example)

E3-2.jpg

NTRO

They're not getting good reviews. The fancy grounding straps turn in to glow plugs. The owner of the plug below had to change a piston. Lots of snake oil with plugs over the years. The exception might be Irridium plugs that some of the MFGR's require in their motors. (Toyota for example)

View attachment 66960
how about NGK plugs? I used those in motor cycles in the past ,seem pretty good.

T-Town Mini

I routinely clean and/or replace the plug in my lawn mower; I've used either Champion or Bosch plugs for years and years.

The last plug I bought for it was an E3 plug about two years ago. It ran a lot better with the E3 installed and it still is a couple years later. It even runs longer on a tank of gas, too.

Street Smart

I can`t imagine a small engine ignition system having the power to melt a plug like that. Of course it could on a car, but there was probably a problem that would have melted any plugs ground strap.

I can`t imagine a small engine ignition system having the power to melt a plug like that. Of course it could on a car, but there was probably a problem that would have melted any plugs ground strap.
It wasn't a car. It isn't coil power that causes this, it's excessive heat stored within the grounding straps. There is not a lot of difference between small engine coils and automotive coils as far as voltage goes. Add to that a wasted spark setup, and theoretically it could be worse than in an ECU controlled environment with one spark per combustion cycle.

Link to the warning on E3's: E3 spark plug warning!!! - Kawasaki KFX450 Forum :: KFX450HQ.com