El Mirage SCTA

:thumbsup: Hey Now! :001_tt2:

Its' that time of year again! How about that worlds fastest mini bike showin' up at the Lake Bed?? :shrug:

I will be camping near the starting area May 14 and 15 with some friends... and there mini bikes.

Be there .... You will never think of high speed and the nuts :eek:ut: that go for it the same again! I'll be looking for you Neck! :eek:

Be safe and Keep on Ridin' :scooter:

Neck

Growing up is optional
On the lake bed, you shouldn't need a green sticker during the event.If you go out on the trails it would be a good idea to have one though.
And for all of you that want to know, there is no speed limit on the lake bed outside the posted areas, and under no circumstances should you venture onto the race course during the event!:hammer:

Itype2slo

In Ca. they want you to register dirt bikes and all off road vehicles, and you pretty much have have one if you want to ride anywhere on state land. The green sticker is the registration tag.

Dave will be there...

With the Twinmotor and the new 8hp briggs powered Kart

Can't forget the riding mower of course!

Bring your bikes so we can get some trailrides or grudge matches going.

65ShelbyClone

Isn't there a pretty fat daily use fee to be out at the El Mirage OHV area?

Hi guys, pardon me but if I may ask a newbie question,,,, what is a green sticker?
It's an off-highway registration tag for dirt bikes, quads, sand rails, etc. There are green stickers and, more recently, red stickers. Red sticker vehicles are disallowed during "high smog"(read: prime riding season) times of the year due to meddling by the California Air Resources Board. I suggest a search of the CA DMV website for the specifics.

Now were talkin'

:rockon: Hey now! :cool2:

Last year it was very informal .... walking the pit row taking pics or speaking withe crews during pitting and lots-O-Nitro (close enough to feel it).... ha ha ha .....and of course lots of room for cruisin slalom style through the brush patches and just making you own race run ..... the place is big but common courtesy is foremost! :thumbsup:
Keep the speeds down in the pit areas and give campsites respect. :innocent: As always the return is alot of fun and amazing speed runs in the early morning! :punk:

:gunsmilie: See you there ! :scooter:

Oh some of last year.....

Dave's ready!

George: the lakebed is flat and smooth. This is the only place I run my go-karts, the only times they are used. There are great trails off the lakebed: easy hardpack, some folks build tracks with jumps and banks, sandy washes, rocky hills, a small sand area, quagmire that can drown the sound of your bike-your whole bike-and even you! It's all out here. Watch ultralight aircraft fly in the mornings.

It is $15 per day to enter the obvious area. When it comes to minis as long as you are not a jackass then rangers leave you alone. Other minis and go-karts show up as well.

Bring it on Carson!