emergency surgery

flpmurphy

Hi guys got up this mornin in pain. My right hurt badly all day got sick acouple times till i couldnt take it. Drove myself to er. Come to.find out had to have appendix removed. Im back in my room now everything went good. Gad wife bring phone so i could get on her

Get well soon!
Had mine out when in my 20's,
Mine broke just after lunch at work,had to have emergency surgery.
I had warning pains for a week and ignored them,they took it out while I was awake.
I sure hope they didn't cut you like they did me 40 years ago!

Good Luck had mine out too.
Docs said you draw a line between your Rh hip bone and your belly Button the push on the halfway mark, damn near went throught the roof :lol:

Hurts a bit after, but you'll be fine

I hope everything went smooth and you recover quickly. I had mine removed in Dec. 1989. Had stomach aches prior thinking I ate too much pizza at our Christmas party at work. It burst at 2:00am Dec. 26th and had emergency surgery at 6:00am with the standard right side incision. :hack: They had installed a drain tube at the right side of my groin. Spent a week in the hospital with a tube shoved up my nose and down my throat to keep everything away from the surgery. The tube down my throat came out 1 day before I was set to go home. The next day the doctor came in for a follow up and checked for pains and proceeded to tell me that the pain now on my lower left was an absess/infection and had to undergo surgery again. :eek: Now they cut me open from my belly button down about 6 inches and was told they had to basically pull out my intestines (not remove) and wash everything off of any of the poison that might be hiding under any of the organs. :grind: :hack: They installed another drain tube on the left side of my groin. Spent another week in the hospital recovering. During the two weeks they had to leave the incisions open for draining. :eek:ut: The day before I was scheduled to leave they tightened up all the stitches like a shoe lace and installed six staples for good measure all without any pain medicine because they told me the prescription had run out. :eek: (they gave me two Tylenol for the pain) For the two weeks I spent there I was only able to eat Jello and when I left I had lost 35 lbs. I now have four scars and a pure hatred for soap operas. :censure: Amazingly I still like Jello. :rolleyes:

MikeBear

Wow! Hope you heal soon!

I got a pain in my right side yesterday, and thought appendix right away. I'm still healing from hernia surgery where the doc gutted me (HUGE scar) and was terrified they'd cut me in the same spot and I'd have complications. Luckily the pain passed and I didn't have to find out.

ouch! my bud has his rupture and he continued to work, he didnt know and thought it was a pulled muscle and would go away, 2 days later he passed out and was ambulatory, they had to clean his insides real good, he almost died from ignoring the pain and keeping working. He was in the hospital for almost 3 weeks.

toomanytoys

A fella I worked with a few years ago went home from work with bad pain in his side. He went home, went to bed, woke up in the middle of the night in extreme pain. They took him to the hospitial and looked him over. Said it was a pulled muscle and sent him home with some muscle relaxers. Fast forward 12 hours he was dead. His appendix had burst, the doctors failed to properly examine him and it killed him.

He left behind a 5 year old son, a 16 year old son, and his wife because the doctors didn't do their jobs. They sued the hospitial and won a large amount of cash, but that doesn't bring back Joe. Nothing like talking to a guy about what he was going to do during the weekend, and then find out monday morning he is dead.

Had mine out on my 13th birthday :doah: Bummer was I got a brand new Schwinn Sting Ray with a springer fork and couldn't ride it for 2 weeks after the surgery :laugh:

flpmurphy

Thanks guys finally get my bonanza all finisjed up and bam this happens. On the good side it was caught quickly with no complications. Now just set back enjoy all they great bike u guys build an eventually get my bike out and ride with the kiddos.
Thanks Phillip