Engine dismantling

Hello everyone. I am restoring 2 Rupp roadsters 2. I am currently dismantling the motor. I am trying to figure out how to get the shaft out of the motor? Thank in advance.

Attachments

markus

Once you get that Driver assembly off the seal on the crankshaft/sidecover WILL have to be removed first before engine Disassembly can happen. There will be a retaining snap ring that fixes the crankshaft to the bearing that is retained on the sidecover internally before you can safely pull the sidecover off the case to get inside if it is an original Rupp specific TC driven engine....might no be as I see a non lighted Flywheel in your pic, and Roadster2's were all equipped with 12v 3a AC lighting systems.

Any prying will damage the case, or the side cover, or the shaft, or all of the above!!! Gently/carefully drilling 2 small holes across from each other on the seal in the middle section and using some metal screws threaded in to grab or sometimes metal pic (depending on what you have to get in and pry the seal out is a good way to pull the seal......again using extreme caution to stay on the seal so you dont scratch the case cover bore or the crankshaft.

Once you get that Driver assembly off the seal on the crankshaft/sidecover WILL have to be removed first before engine Disassembly can happen. There will be a retaining snap ring that fixes the crankshaft to the bearing that is retained on the sidecover internally before you can safely pull the sidecover off the case to get inside if it is an original Rupp specific TC driven engine....might no be as I see a non lighted Flywheel in your pic, and Roadster2's were all equipped with 12v 3a AC lighting systems.

Any prying will damage the case, or the side cover, or the shaft, or all of the above!!! Gently/carefully drilling 2 small holes across from each other on the seal in the middle section and using some metal screws threaded in to grab or sometimes metal pic (depending on what you have to get in and pry the seal out is a good way to pull the seal......again using extreme caution to stay on the seal so you dont scratch the case cover bore or the crankshaft.
Thanks for the info, I will keep it in my mind.

That "flange" is the driver assembly that he was referring to. I use a penetrating oil called "KROIL". I buy it from Amazon. It works fast to eat through rust and crud. We all do things differently, but I would get a piece of rubber, like old tire, lay that on the engine side cover and gentle pry against the back of that driver. Turn the crankshaft and pry again, tapping on the end of the sleeve in the center as I pry. Try not to bend anything.
It's been on there for a long time and it might take a while to get it off. Once you get that off(It's the sleeve in the middle and the big flat disc) You will see the seal that Markus told you how to remove. Good luck.
EDIT make sure there is not a bolt in the center of that sleeve, screwed into the crankshaft.

That "flange" is the driver assembly that he was referring to. I use a penetrating oil called "KROIL". I buy it from Amazon. It works fast to eat through rust and crud. We all do things differently, but I would get a piece of rubber, like old tire, lay that on the engine side cover and gentle pry against the back of that driver. Turn the crankshaft and pry again, tapping on the end of the sleeve in the center as I pry. Try not to bend anything.
It's been on there for a long time and it might take a while to get it off. Once you get that off(It's the sleeve in the middle and the big flat disc) You will see the seal that Markus told you how to remove. Good luck.
EDIT make sure there is not a bolt in the center of that sleeve, screwed into the crankshaft.
Thank you