Engine stand ???

Hello all. I'm looking for pics or designs of small engine stands(?) / mounting platforms, that a small engine can bolt to and be started up and adjusted before installing in a bike. Does anyone have pics or drawings of one ? Thank you. :hammer:

markus

got any old crapped out mini bike frames?

This bike wasnt crapped out, just ugly :laugh: since nobody would give $150 for it as a whole I ended its life and parted it out for $300 and used the funky swing plate as a test stand after some cutting

I used to just clamp the swing part of that frame in my swivel vise the problem was my bench is freestanding so everything would walk off the table :laugh: I ended up lopping it short and just welding some scrap angle iron to it, I had big plans to make something more elaborate but this is nice becuase it does not take up alot of room, it can slide under my toolbox out of the way when not in use and I can easily leave it on an engine if I have to. Being small though it will walk on concrete, thats why you usually always see my engine videos out in my front yard in the grass. Plus they can sit out there and run while I do something else in the garage.

Dont have any full on shots but you can see it in these, as you can see there was not much thought to it, just zipped the angle to it and done!

Didnt have any photos in the vise before I mounted angle but I had this vid of one of the Rupp engines I went through still loaded up, If you watch you can all the stuff walking off the bench :facepalm:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmJVCNjAGew

How about an old pressure washer cart or something similar? It already has the correct holes in the engine plate. You can bolt your engine to it and wheel it outside to run it.

We just make ours out of a square of plywood as a base with 2" X 4" legs/supports. Drill 4 holes to match the engine mount plate Cheap and easy to make!
Michael

I used the base from a craftsmen snowblower. Welded on 4 legs and made a base around them. Then I made a post to mount a plastic gas tank on. Bolt pattern is already there.

Mines a little crude but it works well . A bike lift with a motor plate cut off a twin tank air compressor and welded on , and it still will hold a bike if nessassary .