Engines you’d love to play with but haven’t yet . . .

Mr. Pink

Although none of these are sutable for mini bike use, three engine types that I think that are very cool are:

Home made gas turbine engines made from an old turbo charger
Olde Tyme hit and miss engines
Sterling heat engines

I've only actually messed with building Sterlings.

I have been looking for a snowmobile engine but they are scarce in North Carolina. Any two stroke would be fun. I have a 420 Predator but that seems too heavy...

When I get done with my hs50 and my hs40 I may move on to my Broncco Diablo engine. It’s missing the flywheel side cover and the wiring is basically non existent and I need to re spoke the front wheel. Unfortunately parts are near impossible to find. Then there’s my h50 for my tt500, and a 2 cylinder 2 stroke kohler 250ax for a future go cart/ buggy project and a Tecumseh/Hoffco 2 stroke from a low hour commercial weed eater that needs be utilized and so on etc.

When I get done with my hs50 and my hs40 I may move on to my Broncco Diablo engine. It’s missing the flywheel side cover and the wiring is basically non existent and I need to re spoke the front wheel. Unfortunately parts are near impossible to find. Then there’s my h50 for my tt500, and a 2 cylinder 2 stroke kohler 250ax for a future go cart/ buggy project and a Tecumseh/Hoffco 2 stroke from a low hour commercial weed eater that needs be utilized and so on etc.
Just picked a Broncco Diablo up not knowing what it was. Got it for a donor frame but I’d be willing to sell to someone who needs parts

Attachments

Triley41395

My wife's famous reply to all my foolish purchases remains the same for every piece of shit I ever bought.
She asks the same question....
What do you need that for??
Don't you have enough junk?:D
If I didn't know better I'd say we married the same lady. I just can't seem to pass up a running engine.

Gatecrasher

I can't wait to "play around" with my new supercharged 502 BBC.

950 HP on 92 octane pump gas with 8 PSI boost and 1110 HP with 100 octane race gas with 12 PSI boost on the dyno.

It also has up to a 400 HP shot of nitrous I have yet to apply.

I hope to be trying it out this spring. :)

As for minibikes... I want to get a Ducar 224 and mount it on a minibike frame.

I have a Jacobsen I am playing with. I want a West Bend or a Mac but they are out of my range. Maybe I can find a Clinton Panther. I hear they can rev higher than the Tecumseh 2 smoke snow blower engines I have now.