Estate sale chopper

Hey anyone into these RC Helicopters? I bought this for $40 yesterday. Friggin sweet. Controller included. I've seen these things for like $400. Anyone know the name of what I have though?

WrenchDad

The name : Decapatator No seriously I have no idea but that is awsome you cant get any hobbie grade RC stuff for $40 Crappy walmart toy grade is $50

The name : Decapatator No seriously I have no idea but that is awsome you cant get any hobbie grade RC stuff for $40 Crappy walmart toy grade is $50
Haha thats why I test em out on cats first. Did u hear abt that guy last yr in Brooklyn who cut his head off with one of those? Anyway estate sales rule...

I had one just like that, never did get the hang of it. :cursing:
I traded it off cause it was $20 for new blades ever time I crashed it.
The controller could be worth a few hundred bucks, great score.

I had one just like that, never did get the hang of it. :cursing:
I traded it off cause it was $20 for new blades ever time I crashed it.
The controller could be worth a few hundred bucks, great score.
The guy selling it said this particular one, once you get it up, is very hard to crash. Not sure I understand that one but it has stabilzing tech in it. All I know is ima get a go pro and have a ball with this thing. For the price I couldn't refuse.

WrenchDad

The guy selling it said this particular one, once you get it up, is very hard to crash. Not sure I understand that one but it has stabilzing tech in it. All I know is ima get a go pro and have a ball with this thing. For the price I couldn't refuse.
I'm not a pro but my son has every Toy grade Rc Helicopter/ flying toy out there and some are tough to fly and some have the stabilizing equipment (two rotors or counter weights and such) that one looks like it has the pivot rotor and counterweights they act like a gyro. I used to watch guys fly the old school ones with fixed blades and a single joy stick controller and they were pretty good but it took a lot of practice. Your right at $40 I'd give it a try. is it gas or electric ( I couldnt tell from the picture)?

I'm not a pro but my son has every Toy grade Rc Helicopter/ flying toy out there and some are tough to fly and some have the stabilizing equipment (two rotors or counter weights and such) that one looks like it has the pivot rotor and counterweights they act like a gyro. I used to watch guys fly the old school ones with fixed blades and a single joy stick controller and they were pretty good but it took a lot of practice. Your right at $40 I'd give it a try. is it gas or electric ( I couldnt tell from the picture)?
It's gas. I guess nitro.

I don't know much about them, but I guy I work with flys them, he says If your just starting ,it has to be a perfectly calm day no wind and just get the hang of getting it up a couple feet andpractice hovering till you have it down pat then next work on setting it down, before you try forward motion. AND keep the kids in the house. Good luck startig it without bloodshed

Did you say this was a nitro bird? Stabilizing gyros are pretty much standard equipment now. Radios wont go for much used, and the bird is missing the body panels.

Still, you got this for 10% of the actual value if it's nitro and 60 sized. RC Universe is your friend. Someone there will recognize it, then you can sell it....and never be seen again. Kind of like people do here. :laugh:

I used to be heavy into nitro planes, but never messed with helos.

I have a battery powered Venom with the counter rotating props. As stated outdoors the wind will have its way with it. Mine is advertised as an indoor outdoor flyer. Well after an exploding ceiling fan globe and one crash into the 55" flat panel the kids are banned from indoor flying.

Did you say this was a nitro bird? Stabilizing gyros are pretty much standard equipment now. Radios wont go for much used, and the bird is missing the body panels.

Still, you got this for 10% of the actual value if it's nitro and 60 sized. RC Universe is your friend. Someone there will recognize it, then you can sell it....and never be seen again. Kind of like people do here. :laugh:

I used to be heavy into nitro planes, but never messed with helos.
I asked the guy about the body panels and he said when he bought it he was advised not to bother until he got good at it. He used this as his trainer vehicle. He said he was surprised at how stabile it was and he never outright crashed it. Just some hard landings. He was grinning form ear to ear when talking about how fun it is and how hooked I'm going to be. So I took the leap. I have a few indoor flyers and one electric out door flyer that I keep way up in a tree behind my house. So I'm not totally unfamiliar. At $40 bucks I can fly with a little more confidence. LOL. I'll post pics on that site you mentoned. Thanks!

Yeah people always disappearing around here. What happened to Oyster Bay Man???? heehee