eViL eDs new Smallblock.

The only thing we had in our pits is Chesters $2.00 puffcorn and diet Pepsi and Mountain Dew. Can't get more hillbilly than that ! Oh yeah,I think JD had a couple of Slim Jims !

Last edited:
Well, I made quite a few passes myself Saturday and had at least three races.
Mainly testing and tuning so I could get some feedback later on how to improve the carburetor. Yeah, Johhny didn't give me much in the way of feedback except for the clutch engagement. I also didn't have EGT, head temp, and RPM like you guys did for tuning. Your pit has all that fancy shit. We're more low-budget hillbilly style. :wink:
You must have been looking at the wrong bike, we have no EGT, or head temp, just a tach and a jockey that knows more then "twist the throttle"....

All we got is a tach, and i told you, you need to get one:deal:

With out it, and some feedback from a jockey that dont talk like mel tillis, your just guessing.....

KD you will get there, but the tach is a big help, i made one adjustment and picked up 700rpm.. you cant feel that with your A$$.....:laugh:

We made minor tweaks and got it up to 8640rpm, 7100 with ed on it. its just geared wrong.....

You must have been looking at the wrong bike, we have no EGT, or head temp, just a tach and a jockey that knows more then "twist the throttle"....

All we got is a tach, and i told you, you need to get one:deal:

With out it, and some feedback from a jockey that dont talk like mel tillis, your just guessing.....

KD you will get there, but the tach is a big help, i made one adjustment and picked up 700rpm.. you cant feel that with your A$$.....:laugh:

We made minor tweaks and got it up to 8640rpm, 7100 with ed on it. its just geared wrong.....
Lol; I know, I was only kidding about the temp. stuff. Yeah, the tach is a big help. Gonna get one. Would be nice to have temps though.

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
Our Jockey Fastino told us what it was doing, so we raised the float level and gained 700rpm right off the bat. When homealone rode it he told us that the clutch was locking up way to soon, but we had no springs to change it up, Our jockeys gave us info, Now KD,s Jockey/stepson dont know enough to tell him.... All the races cant be about what charles likes:001_tt2:

More gear for eds weight and some red springs and she will really sail threw....

Wonder if i should give it some compression now.....?:shrug:
I agree
Johnny is the worse person Korndog could have put on his bike. I'm looking right at him bogging on the take off, and he still goes and race anyway without telling Korndog, or me what is going on with the motor.

From now on Korndog, ride your own bike. Get some more seat time, and get use to instantly full throttling the motor. Easing into the throttle is for that circle track stuff, it doesn't work that way out here.

I agree
Johnny is the worse person Korndog could have put on his bike. I'm looking right at him bogging on the take off, and he still goes and race anyway without telling Korndog, or me what is going on with the motor.

From now on Korndog, ride your own bike. Get some more seat time, and get use to instantly full throttling the motor. Easing into the throttle is for that circle track stuff, it doesn't work that way out here.
Hahaha, ok; will do. I hit it full out a couple of times and it didn't go right. Didn't you see me riding up and down that street? Oh yeah, you were teaching all those guys out there how to build engines. lol.

Why do you guys Build up these fast bike and get jockeys to race them?? If I put all the time and effort into a bike that i built i would be the one racing it. IMO

Why do you guys Build up these fast bike and get jockeys to race them?? If I put all the time and effort into a bike that i built i would be the one racing it. IMO
Hey, wait a minute; we race them too. it's part of the fun of being at the drag spot though getting some of the lightweight kids to ride your bike and see how fast it can go. Once you are a little older, have a race bike and an some extra weight around your belly, you might understand a little better.

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
Hahaha, ok; will do. I hit it full out a couple of times and it didn't go right. Didn't you see me riding up and down that street? Oh yeah, you were teaching all those guys out there how to build engines. lol.
Once I turned the low needle out it was fine. But don't worry it should be even better soon.:thumbsup:

Fixed a major problem we were having saturday lastnite, we couldnt get it to stall up past 2700rpm, so the bike left really slow and took time to get up on the cam. Played with it and finally just swapped clutches to a GL, after some adjustments we finally got it to stall at 4000rpm and it really launches now and moves out.....Then i found a major problem with the valve lash, it had opened up to .038 on the intake... :laugh: After Readjusting the lash and checking everything it must have just come loose....Its like a different bike now with the clutch working and the lift back.....Saturday gonna be fun.......JD

Stall Speed

can someone explain to me what "stall speed" is? Please PM me so I don't hijack this thread
Good honest question!*

When you rev the motor and the clutch engages that is stall speed. You can set the high end clutches to engage at 4300 rpm i.e. Noram Premier Titan Clutch with the Orange springs.

Stall Speed = Engage RPM :laugh:

Good question!!!!

TT Out~