Exhaust

Do you know anyone with a tube bender?

I have looked at some of the pocket bike & pit bike type pipes on eBay & thought about trying to modify one of those.

Hopefully someone else will chime in with some better info. If you find anything out. Please let me know.

I received a couple of these in the mail the other day.

I think I will be able to put them to use after a bit of...:hack::grind:

delray

maybe you can fab up something like this:thumbsup:

or like this too:thumbsup:

weld little slot adjuster on the pipe for engine adjustment:thumbsup:

JM, i also have built a exhaust system with the same kind of pipe that you posted:thumbsup:sorry i can't open the pictures any bigger(save small:doah:)

very tight fit,still work:thumbsup:

Delray are you useing a bender or buying prebent and fabing together?They look great!Also what about the size change in the rear of them,is this your creation or reducers of some sort welded together.Very nice bikes and exellent craftsmanship.A+:thumbsup:

delray

coop1418, most of it is prebent pipe just fab together and then the pipe go's into the larger tail pipe and in front part of the larger tail pipe is the muffler. when finish the bike has a good sound and not to loud, just a cool sounding minibike:thumbsup:if you are asking about the step in the larger tail pipe? i just use a pipe expander
for a muffler i just drill some holes into the smaller pipe at the last 4inch and cap the end off ,so the exhaust had to exit out the holes i drilled.
here is little more info on how i built it:thumbsup:pAGE5
http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/project-logs/2993-great-minibiker-build-off-delray-entry-5.html

:scooter:...........

Thanks del those pipes are great.The prebent pipes are they conduit or the pipes from like Kart Pipes.com you get in a build your own kit?Thanks for sharing you skills.:hack::weld::grind::thumbsup:

I would love to find some small tires and wheels like on the green bike

maybe you can fab up something like this:thumbsup:

or like this too:thumbsup:

weld little slot adjuster on the pipe for engine adjustment:thumbsup:

JM, i also have built a exhaust system with the same kind of pipe that you posted:thumbsup:sorry i can't open the pictures any bigger(save small:doah:)

very tight fit,still work:thumbsup:
your lil green machine rocks what size are the tires and wheels and will they fit the mini baja thanks :thumbsup:

Last edited:

delray

stenmark2,my bike has a 4.10/3.50-6 tires. baja doodle bug has 145/70-6 tires. doodle bug is a much larger tire and also the rim is couple more inch's wider. i don't think it will fit good on a doodle bug rim?

Tom S

Very cool setups. I am going to take a stab at fabbing an exhaust for a 3.5hp engine on a Murray frame this weekend. Just a fun fooling around project. I want to get a doodlebug next and actually like the neon green one at Dicks sporting goods. If they have a good sale on those I want to get one and convert to a 6.5.

Tom

delray

tom s,last year dicks had them on sale for $219.98 so keep your eye open. if you go to dick's alot maybe make a copy of this coupon and ask a salemen at dick's if they are going to have a sale on them or if they would sell one at that price? never know?
i can't believe i only payed $204 ship to my door on ebay when they first came out:doah: i should of purchase two:doah:

Strigoi, now thats got to be one of the coolest looking modified engines on a baja doodle bug:thumbsup:,but your going to have to do something about the gas tank:doah:
:scooter:.........engine and exhaust looks cool:thumbsup: