Fair frame price?

Ok so here the question what you think a fair price is when buying just a frame only?.for an average mini bike.
Question2
What is a fair price for buying a custom frame built for what you want frame only?
Reason ask been working on a design going get some one to build about dozen frames for friends and fun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ding Ding

No offense, but the you need to answer these questions for yourself.

1. Per the forum rules, we cannot give prices.
2. We don't know what the "average" mini bike frame is. This could vary, big time.
3. We really don't know what a custom frame includes. Given that "custom" could mean just about anything, how could we possibly know this to give a price?
4. What's "fair" in regard to pricing, can vary from one person to the next.

Here's what to do:
Figure out how much YOU feel these things are worth. You could base this on cost of materials, hourly labor rates, and what you've seen other frames sell for(you will need to do some research on this), OR just what you feel comfortable paying. There are no price guides, Kelly blue book values, known/established values or anything other than sales history to reference.

For shits and giggles I will offer these price guesstimates:
*Average mini bike frame: $0 - $500
*Custom mini bike frame: $0 - $1500

An Azusa frame and fork kit is about $179 , there ya have it an average mass produced mini frame that is readily available ! And Ding Ding is very wise :thumbsup:

For my money best off buying used roller frames or complete bikes..inexpensive late model minis ..i prefer no more than 4 years old unless you want to replace all the bearings ..midsize,used doodle bugs gotten here Cl $150-250 go from there..slap a predator 212 or used engine of at least 5 HP ..I've bought and seen several used db30s seen some with predator 212s on them around $250 to $400..a ton of Baja mb200 or warriors in the weeds or in various stages of disrepair..I checked buying all the parts needed for completing a db30 size bare frame I can buy 3 used minis for that money

Last edited:
Yea I'm buying complete doodle bugs around 200.00 local.
By the time refreshing them got about 400.00-500.00 in them.got a guy that will use thicker tubing on the forks and lengthened the frames for 300.00 Bare frames.
Just wanted to know what others are spending
Kentucky here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For a custom frame figure out the cost of materials plus what you are willing to pay for labor.

What somebody charges and material rates will depend on your area. If I could/would live in someplace like cali and get away with charging what I do in arkansas I would be well under half of the normal rates for labor and material of that area.

one day in the future..cheap used Coleman CT 200u will be available...they are just too new yet..they already have longer wheelbases than db30 and have 200 lbs rating..eleminating the need for stretching and forks are a little longer..

Last edited:
It all depends on location I guess? In all seriousness the most I've ever paid for a bare frame was $40 bucks.

I have a hard time even selling them for that much at the swap meets, it's not even worth it to bring them anymore:no:

45t

It all depends on location I guess? In all seriousness the most I've ever paid for a bare frame was $40 bucks.

I have a hard time even selling them for that much at the swap meets, it's not even worth it to bring them anymore:no:
X2. I've gotten frames for free as long as I cover the shipping cost.