Fastest mbx10

I'm just waiting to see who all has fast motovox mini bikes. I broke mid 50's yesterday with mine in the rain, it had more left. I'd like to hit 60+ in the 1/8 mile. I love this bike.

Dude.....sounds scary...:laugh:

Hope you were wearing a helmet and some skin protection.

I've heard those bikes have some decent engineering behind them...but did it not feel squirly at all :shrug: ? I know most of my little bikes feel that way after a certain speed...except the Sensation Mike Bike, and the Arco (of all things) ...but I've never had them over probably 30.

I know my Super Bronc probably hits 40 plus, and when I sneak it out there on the back roads....I'll have it open for a while, (it has a wide stance, and long wheelbase), and it feels good, then I consider what would happen if one of the 40 year old plus components would fail.....so I slow it down to a speed that this 57 year old body feels more comfortable with...:doah:

Have fun, and be safe :thumbsup: !

Last edited:
I was being ignorant. No helmet and wearing flip-flops. It was my first run on it and felt great. It has plenty more left and I'll be wearing a helmet next time. I had the same motor on my db30 this week, but didn't feel as good as this.

Oh yeah, I'm 260lbs and I have a mini crotch rocket front wheel and a decent rear tire, rear slick will be here Monday and hope the weather clears up here so I can take it to the dragstrip Thursday.

The motor is a 212 predator. I put a fully ported honda head cut .050 on it, SS valves, 26lb springs, cm pushrods, champion rockers, black mamba cam, arc billet rod and flywheel, Burris head and sidecover studs, 22 mm mikuni carb, k&n style filter, robertson 3 stage header, and a wicked boost bottle haha (came on the mbx10 so I used it to cap off the pulse fitting on the intake). Gearing is 14/75, I have a sprocket adapter and 65t sprocket to try so I can see close to what I need. The clutch is an arc mongrel.

i got a mbx 10 , just put in a black mamba cam & 26 lbs springs in my pred , and its hitting 60 now, but im only 145lbs dripping wet. my pred has flywheel,rod,springs 26lb, blk mamba cam, shotgun header with a rlv silencer, and a 22 mm mikuni slide carb, my clutch is a hillard inferno,arc sidecover, 1st thing i did today before i tested it out is grab my helmet and jacket ,jeans, gloves, because i wrecked this bike once and almost got hurt real bad,safty is a must. with this cam im needing a fuel pump and a different intake manifold because its not getting enough gas.im guessing im only getting around 7000 rpms, as i really dont notice a difference between the 26lb springs and black mamba cam vs 18lb springs and the dynocams 236 cam i have.the 236 is 236in 236ex @.50 duration . maybe even need a new bigger carb . i got 50 acres i ride on and off road everyday , i really want some aluminum rims for front and back.

You'd need to be turning 7500RPMs to get to mid 50s with that gearing according to the math, that engine is spinning fast but you built it right so just be careful and try to ride a closed course like I used to on my DB because stopping from that speed is sketchy. My all time top speed on a minibike is 51 clocked un a Bushnell sport radar gun in a new subdivision with no homes or traffic plus we blocked the entrance with one of my dump trailers. It was a sketchy ride but fun as hell. My engine was a hot little briggs Intec but the valves floated at 5500revs like they should, I was running a 12/60 gearing setup. I'll likely never go that fast again on a 6" wheel minibike though, I don't heal as fast as I once did. I want to hear how you do with the gear change, I'll live vicarious through you as far as top speed attempts. Good luck and happy minibiking!

Yeah, I figure I'll probably end up with about a 70t for the 1/8 mile. I'll bring my chain breaker and tools to swap to the 65t Thursday if the weather clears and I have a chance to change it at the track. I do like the way it takes off right now, just wish the clutch would stall 1000 or so more RPMs.

i got a mbx 10 , just put in a black mamba cam & 26 lbs springs in my pred , and its hitting 60 now, but im only 145lbs dripping wet. my pred has flywheel,rod,springs 26lb, blk mamba cam, shotgun header with a rlv silencer, and a 22 mm mikuni slide carb, my clutch is a hillard inferno,arc sidecover, 1st thing i did today before i tested it out is grab my helmet and jacket ,jeans, gloves, because i wrecked this bike once and almost got hurt real bad,safty is a must. with this cam im needing a fuel pump and a different intake manifold because its not getting enough gas.im guessing im only getting around 7000 rpms, as i really dont notice a difference between the 26lb springs and black mamba cam vs 18lb springs and the dynocams 236 cam i have.the 236 is 236in 236ex @.50 duration . maybe even need a new bigger carb . i got 50 acres i ride on and off road everyday , i really want some aluminum rims for front and back.

What gearing are you running?

You'd need to be turning 7500RPMs to get to mid 50s with that gearing according to the math, that engine is spinning fast but you built it right so just be careful and try to ride a closed course like I used to on my DB because stopping from that speed is sketchy. My all time top speed on a minibike is 51 clocked un a Bushnell sport radar gun in a new subdivision with no homes or traffic plus we blocked the entrance with one of my dump trailers. It was a sketchy ride but fun as hell. My engine was a hot little briggs Intec but the valves floated at 5500revs like they should, I was running a 12/60 gearing setup. I'll likely never go that fast again on a 6" wheel minibike though, I don't heal as fast as I once did. I want to hear how you do with the gear change, I'll live vicarious through you as far as top speed attempts. Good luck and happy minibiking!

Stopping isn't that great, but I've never had anything that stopped too good (even my drag cars). It might get a little wild at higher speeds, but at 55.37 it's smooth as glass and hard not to smile the whole time. I'm loving this motovox. I'll keep updating if I get faster and faster, if I don't post just check the obituaries. Haha