FatGirl's Custom Budget Build

http://img153.imageshack.us/my.php?image=n1327410073300357489115of7.jpg

Hey all-

I'm doing a custom budget build, which I started yesterday. If anyone can tell me what this frame came off of it would be great, I have no clue. My cousin did a little custom fab for the pegs and engine mounts a while ago I'll have to re-do. So far I've ground some of the paint off.

I plan on using a Honda CRF50 Engine base. I have a 49cc Honda CRF50 engine laying around, but I want to put a GPX 160cc race motor in. Any opinions?

I ordered 5" complete rims and slicks yesterday. I have paint bought already, it's gonna be Sour Apple (lime green). I'm doing a Lime Green and Florescent Pink theme. Any opinions?

I got tons of work-not just money with bolt-ons, but making a seat, gas tank, axle spacers, and a braking system (especially if the 160cc is going in!)

If you're wondering what gearing for the 160cc, 18 tooth countershaft sprocket, 30 tooth rear sprocket. I used this on a CRF50 supermoto powered by a 120cc Lifan Honda clone and it did over 70 MPH easily.

Other things I am doing for this project- Intake trumpet. I am getting a very long velocity stack/trumpet which I'll mount on the 28mm carb if I go with the GPX engine.

My problem is that I'm in college so this is going to be expensive, I have a speeding ticket I'll probably have to pay for, and I should be saving for a streetbike, which I need this year for my job as a MSF coach.

No suspension, no brakes (at the moment) OLD SCHOOL..:stupid:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm pretty sure it cranked out half a horse totally stock and restricted, and I think with a carburetor upgrade to 16mm or even 18mm & jetting corresponding with a decent aftermarket pipe installation it made about 2 to 2.5 horsepower.

Oldsalt

You asked for an opinion on the 5" rims and slicks. Here goes.

You'll probably get away with running the slick at the rear. That will only be asking for trouble, but not a sure thing. Hopefully you won't run into stability problems at full speed. Don't consider putting a wide slick on the front. Sure, it's done, but if you put a square section tire on the front, rather than a round section, you will end up changing it. The dangerous handling when turning will convince you to get another tire.

Don't consider putting a wide slick on the front. Sure, it's done, but if you put a square section tire on the front, rather than a round section, you will end up changing it. The dangerous handling when turning will convince you to get another tire.
i agree, i put a square slick on the front of my Cat. it stayed on for maybe 10 seconds of riding before i swapped the old tire back on. it was damn near impossible to turn with it on there.

ImageShack - Image Hosting :: n1327410073300357489115of7.jpg

Hey all-

I'm doing a custom budget build, which I started yesterday. If anyone can tell me what this frame came off of it would be great, I have no clue. My cousin did a little custom fab for the pegs and engine mounts a while ago I'll have to re-do. So far I've ground some of the paint off.

I plan on using a Honda CRF50 Engine base. I have a 49cc Honda CRF50 engine laying around, but I want to put a GPX 160cc race motor in. Any opinions?

I ordered 5" complete rims and slicks yesterday. I have paint bought already, it's gonna be Sour Apple (lime green). I'm doing a Lime Green and Florescent Pink theme. Any opinions?

I got tons of work-not just money with bolt-ons, but making a seat, gas tank, axle spacers, and a braking system (especially if the 160cc is going in!)

If you're wondering what gearing for the 160cc, 18 tooth countershaft sprocket, 30 tooth rear sprocket. I used this on a CRF50 supermoto powered by a 120cc Lifan Honda clone and it did over 70 MPH easily.

Other things I am doing for this project- Intake trumpet. I am getting a very long velocity stack/trumpet which I'll mount on the 28mm carb if I go with the GPX engine.

My problem is that I'm in college so this is going to be expensive, I have a speeding ticket I'll probably have to pay for, and I should be saving for a streetbike, which I need this year for my job as a MSF coach.

No suspension, no brakes (at the moment) OLD SCHOOL..:stupid:
that is the most awesome frame that I have ever seen I would trade any mini that I have for that frame

Hey if you’re talking about putting a souped up gx160 in there you might think about reinforcing that frame. It looks pretty old and not made for 60-70 mph speeds especially with that insane gearing ratio. Also be prepared to burn up alot, ALOT, of clutches. Good Luck, can't wait to see this sweet project.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Hey if you’re talking about putting a souped up gx160 in there you might think about reinforcing that frame. It looks pretty old and not made for 60-70 mph speeds especially with that insane gearing ratio. Also be prepared to burn up alot, ALOT, of clutches. Good Luck, can't wait to see this sweet project.:thumbsup:
yep, you'll definitely want to reinforce the frame and consider doing hydraulic brakes too. here's a thread with a lot of information on going fast. minidragbike is one of the faster guys on this site and knows what he's talking about. here's the thread.

http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/engines-modifications/8235-doin-60-70mph-what-do-i-need.html

Last edited: