Favorite rust removers?

I like vinegar for anything steel that will fit in a 5 gallon bucket. I have some stuff that is too big for that. I need something I can spray on and hose off.

I have some ideas, but I would love to hear some suggestions and experience.

This what I am thinking about trying. Anybody have any experience with it? I really don't want anything I have to brush on, plus, I have not had the best experiences with Evapo rust or any of the "super-safe" products. 1695054026173.png

Lizardking

How big is the part? Vinegar is what I've used when dealing with rust.

I've seen videos of muriatic acid used and washed off with water with good results. Not something I would use though.

4 feet tall, 4 feet long about 3 feet wide.
The stuff above is diluted Phosphoric acid, like Naval Jelly, I think.

I would use vinegar, but it would evaporate before I get any results.

Exactly what IS the part? How about having it sand or media blasted to remove the rust? That is what I do on rusted frames before I paint or have it powder coated.
Michael

It's a one wheeled tractor frame. If I unbolt everything, it is still 4x4x3 with odd tube welds and flat sides. I had not actually thought about having someone else sandblast it. I know I don't want to do it. I will check into that. Thank you, Michael. IMG_20230825_095336.jpg

It's a one wheeled tractor frame. If I unbolt everything, it is still 4x4x3 with odd tube welds and flat sides. I had not actually thought about having someone else sandblast it. I know I don't want to do it. I will check into that. Thank you, Michael. View attachment 305983
With al of those nooks and crannies that tractor frame is a perfect candidate for sandblasting! Check with your local powdercoating shops as they all perform sandblasting.
Michael

Lizardking

If you fit it in a bag and have a container that you can fill with water and submerge the whole frame then you can still use vinegar.

You would only put some vinegar/water in the bag. Submerge the bag to push all air out and the frame should be covered with vinegar. Tie the bag and let it sit overnight to let the vinegar do its thing. Hope that makes sense.

I have a pool about 20 feet from the garage. I could theoretically lower the frame, in a bag into the pool to push all the air out....I guess that makes sense. It would need to be a strong bag.