Finally a reason MTD's aren't that bad

pomfish

Now ya gotta admit when you see this Drift trike conversion that the MTD's have it going on with that big flat plate at the axle mounts.
Easy conversion.

Thing actually looks cool.
125cc with 4 speed manual clutch.
Here's the link, maybe someone can blow them up and post them.
Looks like it has a disc brake on the front wheel as well.
125cc drift trike

Later,
Keith

capguncowboy

Too bad he wasn't wearing his MTD riding helmet. Someone saw him and he had to crucify himself out of shame

And it was Moses that wandered for 40 years

It has a look of it's own with that engine swap and the trike conversion, the paint job isn't helping it much and quite frankly it's hideous. I have another MTD SS400 that I'm not sure whether to build or sell, it is the most easy on the eyes of the models with that rear axle mount configuration but it is still a homely bike. If you've ever ridden one you'd find that they are great riders with good steering geometry and maneuverability, comfortable too with suspended forks and the seat shocks.

Too bad he wasn't wearing his MTD riding helmet. Someone saw him and he had to crucify himself out of shame

And it was Moses that wandered for 40 years
I said 40 DAYS you MTD hating bastard! Haha ( this is why Christians do penance for 40 days)

And moses was up in the hills receiving the 10 commandments for 40 days!

The Jews wandered the desert for 40 years!

MTD's!!!

Last edited:
There has to be an exception for the MudBug right.
I think MTD hit it out of the park with that.
Well since this is the General MINI BIKE section and we are talking about the MTD MINI BIKE then yes, the Mudbug would be an exception since it is a TRIKE and that would be discussed in the More than Two Wheels section. :laugh:

2SlickNick

Well since this is the General MINI BIKE section and we are talking about the MTD MINI BIKE then yes, the Mudbug would be an exception since it is a TRIKE and that would be discussed in the More than Two Wheels section. :laugh:

Yes!
Technically I count three wheels on that MTD.:thumbsup:

pomfish

Well I started this mess of a thread and put it under the General Minibike talk so more people would see it, and as the "More than two wheels" area is known to be filled with weirdo's.
Here's lookin' at you Gumpit :)

Anyway, good to see the MTD haters are still carrying on the tradition.
Some people just aren't Man enough to handle a fine machine like the Mighty MTD, so they just plod along on their inferior bike of choice and live in a world of unknown bliss.

Later:thumbsup:

Well I started this mess of a thread and put it under the General Minibike talk so more people would see it, and as the "More than two wheels" area is known to be filled with weirdo's.
Here's lookin' at you Gumpit :)

Anyway, good to see the MTD haters are still carrying on the tradition.
Some people just aren't Man enough to handle a fine machine like the Mighty MTD, so they just plod along on their inferior bike of choice and live in a world of unknown bliss.

Later:thumbsup:
So true... heeheee

No one ever mentions the big wheeled MTD Columbia Trail Bike in these ugliness conversations. With good reason. Particularly the 753-2 model. I've got that one and the 653-2 and i think they are gorgeous. And while i have yet to finish the engines for them, i can tell they must ride exceptionally well. That front fork with the funky rake and shocks looks designed to make even large rocks and roots on the trail seem like nothing. The 753 lined up next to my Rupp Black Window makes me wonder how these bikes didnt have a big name. I think it looks better.

capguncowboy

So true... heeheee

No one ever mentions the big wheeled MTD Columbia Trail Bike in these ugliness conversations. With good reason. Particularly the 753-2 model. I've got that one and the 653-2 and i think they are gorgeous. And while i have yet to finish the engines for them, i can tell they must ride exceptionally well. That front fork with the funky rake and shocks looks designed to make even large rocks and roots on the trail seem like nothing. The 753 lined up next to my Rupp Black Window makes me wonder how these bikes didnt have a big name. I think it looks better.
I actually agree with you on the larger wheeled MTD bikes. I wouldn't mind having one of those. The smaller wheel versions, however, are ugly. They're comfy, but I can't get past the looks.