FLAT TRACK BIKE

delray

here some pictures of my flat track bike that i built over the winter. been kind of a low key project. alot of testing with this bike and i was fortunate to have a couple places to do my testing. it has put me way behind on other projects, well worth it. alot of one off made parts on my lathe and mill. we got to see little action with it couple weekends ago on a bull ring grass track and i new it would be way to much motor for that and it was. bike did get first place in the small block mod grass drag class at 175ft. bike is really made for are local clay flat tracks that are much bigger. it should be lot better on putting down the power on a big clay track. more controllable. big thing... driver will need more time behind the handle bars.

]

]

knobby tires for the grass.
did find a video of it drag racing. funny thing is the bike is just not setup correct for drags. it still won !

delray

Man that looks FAST! Nice work as always delray!!!!!
owend the motor started out as a 225cc tilly long block and then i strip down everything and the only thing left i use was the block,crank,billet rod and the bare head. rest was replace with better parts or modified. we may try drag racing it later this year again on clay track,but it really need to change some things to make it really go faster. it's just not setup right for drag racing .

delray

It appears to be nice , is it a modified DB ? , asking for a friend .
that would be david wulf...lol should text him a picture or two. i'm sure he will see it. would of been nice see you guys last spring chipper and run this bike around that track in mississippi.

I’m very curious on the swing arm, did you Chop up and lengthen it with other Rupp swing arms? Also loving the forks. If you don’t mind me asking, what’s your gearing?

delray

I’m very curious on the swing arm, did you Chop up and lengthen it with other Rupp swing arms? Also loving the forks. If you don’t mind me asking, what’s your gearing?
yep, just use two junk swing arms and fab one up. really no set gearing for the bike. each track is different so it bounces around.