For sale gilson allis chalmers montgomery ward wards

Here is a decent Gilson mini bike manufactured by Gilson Brothers in Plymouth, Wisconsin. They made the same bikes for wards and allis chalmers....just painted them a different color and used different decals on them.

Paint is all original as well as all other components except the engine/fuel tank. The engine is a 5hp techuseh with a 3/4 inch shaft. The wheels are the larger style spoke rims with what appears to be the original rubber in good condition. Tires/tubes hold air...no leaks. Several models were avail back in the day...this one has front suspension (forks are straight) with grease holes and even a zerk fitting for the main steering pivot. Has a rear swingarm, but no shocks!....the rear is set up as a hardtail with the use of two solid metal braces (original) ...but can easily be converted to full suspension by removing the braces and replacing them with shocks. All the bearings in the swingarm are already in place from the factory!....strange, but true. Must have been a way to cut costs and offer upgrades to different models at the time. The seat is in good overall condition with just a few holes in the very front corners. The bike runs and drives, but needs a rear brake drum to be fully, safely functional. Climbs hills even with my 195 pound rear end riding it. I do have the brake lever/cable assembly as well...just took it off the bike until I could locate a drum. I was going to keep this, but have too many things going on right now..i have a feeling that if i save it for the kids, they will just beat it up and ruin it.

I am located in Wisconsin and can be contacted here: gtothereg@yahoo.com with any questions on the bike.
Asking $250