Ford Diesel F350 Super Duty truck

My Dodge is 14 years old....only done maintanance....how about your Ford? :001_tt2:
My 93 Dodge diesel is still running and driving every day for a parts hauler for a scrap yard...you guessed it..only maintanance done to it also.
Well, to each their own, my Ford is also 25 years old and only have done maint.
Guess you and I both know maint. is a key!
Cheezy, time to get out of your room and look at the new model Fords and stop living in your Dodge world, at least be open minded!

Diesel is the new 6.7!
Pretty sweet specs!

Well, to each their own, my Ford is also 25 years old and only have done maint.
Guess you and I both know maint. is a key!
Cheezy, time to get out of your room and look at the new model Fords and stop living in your Dodge world, at least be open minded!

Diesel is the new 6.7!
Pretty sweet specs!
:laugh:..I am messing..I dont mind Fords at all. I have had at least 20 Mustangs and a hand full of Fords trucks through the years.

In all honesty, I prefer my 7.3 Powerstroke. Seems as though every manufacturer has their issues but I've always been a Ford person. The Cummins were too noisy and GM wasn't in the game till the Duramax.
I think you won't be disappointed in the new Ford. I'm loving my F150!

Love my 7.3 2000 F250. Heard more bad than good about the 6.0, especially the egr cooler and head gaskets. Have a coworker that has the 6.4 and he loves it. I had almost bought a Dodge back in 2000, just for the Cummins, but decided I liked the looks and overall package of the Ford over just the engine in the Dodge.

I would like to have a new truck, but not keen on the restyling Ford has done.

I think if they had come out with a 4cyl turbo diesel Ranger, Ford would have made a killing. Friggin bean counters.

toomanytoys

The 6.0 isn't that bad we have one that's stock and doing fine and my buddy has one chipped on stock head bolts and everything and its still fine
From the nuts at work, the 6.0 is great stock. You start modifying and then things start to break.

Most guys are nuts about the dodges. Only one 7.3 Power stroke guy here.

We had a 7.3L powerstroke dually at my last job. The day I started they sent me to the dealership to pick it up. Had 3 miles on it. I put 120k on it, no major problems. RELIGIOUS oil changes.

in 120k we replaced a water pump, tires and brakes. Last I heard of the truck it was over 300k and had went through 2 sets of injectors, a couple water pumps and some other minor things. Sensors and the like.

We had a F250 gasser at a strip mine I worked at in 2003. It had 400k miles on it. Truck was a TANK! The day shift had it to run parts in, on the road all day, afternoon and midnight had it to go inspect pits. It was never parked for more than a couple hours a day.

Major repairs: 2 Transmissions, 1 rear end.

Minor repairs: General maintenance stuff plus sensors and other little things.

Let me say this. This truck was BEAT. No one took care of it. We would run down the dirt haul roads as fast as we could and laugh are butts off as we bounced off the ceiling. I rolled it on its side in a ditch one time. We tore it up. Nothing inside of the truck worked, none of the gauges, power windows, radio, ect. The only thing that worked was 1 speed on the blower and the heat. It would be HORRIBLY overloaded(hence the transmission and rear ends)

That truck there sold me on Fords, although I drive a Dodge!

if the you have a tight budget just get a 90s or 20s f250 and upgrade it, we have had a 2000 f250 v10 and its been a very reliable truck

if the you have a tight budget just get a 90s or 20s f250 and upgrade it, we have had a 2000 f250 v10 and its been a very reliable truck
Exact truck I have. The only issue is the vacuum lines leaking, so when going into 4WD the AC valve kicks over. (same circuit) It pulls very hard, and loves gasoline. 10 MPG on regular gas with about six thousand in a trailer, and 14 MPG highway with mid grade and no load.

I have a 6.0 and couldn't be happier. back flush the coolant system and keep up the maintenance ,most of the bad talk is from people that never owned one. Do you own one Josh?
I own an auto repair shop and worked at a Ford dealer the day the 6.0 came out all the way until it went away and the 6.4 came out and can tell you it's a crap shot whether you have problems or not with a 6.0 - but the odds really are against you though.

Exact truck I have. The only issue is the vacuum lines leaking, so when going into 4WD the AC valve kicks over. (same circuit) It pulls very hard, and loves gasoline. 10 MPG on regular gas with about six thousand in a trailer, and 14 MPG highway with mid grade and no load.
My '99 7.3 gets 17.5 or better on the freeway with the A/C on....

I work for a company that only buys ford one tons.These trucks all have over 100.000 miles on them .every day they pull gooseneck trailers,and leave traffic.All have powerstoke diesels and pull like a mule.All stock.and at least 10 trucks.Yea a transmission or some other stuff.but the way they are beat on.and I mean half pave half dirt rds at 60 mph.None better in my book

My '99 7.3 gets 17.5 or better on the freeway with the A/C on....
They're definitely the better engine. I did get the truck pretty cheaply, had to replace some stuff when I bought it, and I use it about 20 miles per month, if that. (Retired) Of course if I got 17 MPG, I'd drive it more. :laugh: