Fordson Snow Machine - 1929 Concept

Oldsalt

Thanks for posting this. With a light engine and drive train the augers would possibly provide enough flotation to allow use on water. A snowmoble that's an amphibian!

mybiz

That the first thing I thought too. Like using the old pontoons and attaching augers to them. And go motor boating. If you look at some of the other videos in the bottom of the video screen The USSR Russa made something like that. I didn't watch it.:detective:

Ive seen one back at school, they're pretty fancy, on the history channel there was something similar used to cross the Bering straight

Wow thats just awesome. ive seen another vehicle using those screw shaped pontoons. It was a military vehicle though. A search on youtube should find it.

also guys use to put BIG skes on the front wheels and ofcorse chaines
on rear wheels,so they could GET-R-DONE :smile::smile::smile::smile:

That is cool but does it float ?

I wonder how difficult it would be to make a smaller version of that.

And WAYNE that avatar is just disturbing.........:repuke: :lol:
reminds of the seinfield episode where the valet guy got in jerry's car and left a permanent stench.
I dont care for mopeds but they shouldnt be treated like that.:smile:

delray

just had that video emailed to me couple days ago from my brother. i have seen video of it before. never seen the 10min video until couple days ago. last summer i got to see one at big steam engine show. looks easy to build. maybe someone can take a older junk out vintage gardern tractor and make a small model of one. makesure you build some kind of running boards,so you don't fall into the corkscrew:doah:

Yeah it does look like a human sized meat grinder.:lol:
I'd make sure the seat safety switch was working on that for sure.

I'd rather just make a one man mini 6-wheeler.

mybiz

Ha ha ha the only safety switches they had in that era. Was common sense. And if I remember the guy never used a seat belt. :doah::doah::doah:

It was 1929, for crying out loud. Nothing had safety guards! Those were the days when men were men, and the men knew enough to send children to work in the mines and factories.

I know they had no safety stuff back then :doah: but then I wasnt even born back then so that wouldnt matter to me:lol:.
I'm thinking in todays reality of if I were to make one that I'd have a safety switch or deadman lever of some sort along with some fenders.:smile:

I think a smaller one that would float and use a lighter better engine and is set up more for recreation would fun.

I dont think they would work well on dirt but maybe with the right material they would last a bit if used on dirt.Maybe steel pontoons with changeable rubber paddles wrapped around it.

I just think that general design in interesting.

mybiz

Doah!

I know they had no safety stuff back then :doah: but then I wasnt even born back then so that wouldnt matter to me:lol:.
I'm thinking in todays reality of if I were to make one that I'd have a safety switch or deadman lever of some sort along with some fenders.:smile:

I think a smaller one that would float and use a lighter better engine and is set up more for recreation would fun.

I dont think they would work well on dirt but maybe with the right material they would last a bit if used on dirt.Maybe steel pontoons with changeable rubber paddles wrapped around it.

I just think that general design in interesting.
I hear ya born yesterday some just like stirring thing up. I think in some of the other videos Russia made one for water. I didn't watch it the first one was plenty long

that is cool but does it float ?

I wonder how difficult it would be to make a smaller version of that.

And wayne that avatar is just disturbing.........:repuke: :lol:
Reminds of the seinfield episode where the valet guy got in jerry's car and left a permanent stench.
I dont care for mopeds but they shouldnt be treated like that.:smile:
sorry but thats not as moped

Last edited: