Fox & Cat Project bikes #3 & #4

I'm making a little progress on my latest project bikes:

(Before) 1969 Fox Sprite frame, from ebay for $28.00

(presently) Started the mock up assembly on my Fox today:

btw.... thanks to OldMiniBikes's own Scooter Boy for the badass rear sprocket for my Fox project.

and my Cat 250X that I picked up at the local swap meet for $40.00: (Before)

and now my Cat 250X is awaiting the engine & clutch:

Doing two of these at the same time is a major ass whoopin'... too much crap to keep up with and keep separated.

and don't forget, there's still yet another Taco 44 over there on the back burner waiting for its turn in the lime light...

Life goes on....

mardyn

Last edited:
Thanks, the Cat really should have been green, but since I wasn't trying to do an exact restoration, I thought yellow might be more fun.

Debating on the power for the Cat as well, probably going with a 3 HP Briggs that is on the bench, already cleaned up, repainted and ready to go.

Also have a couple of 3HP Tecs, but both need repair and paint.

btw: I thought my job on straightening those mangled forks turned out pretty good too, not that I'm pattin' myself on the back or anything...

mardyn

1stlegendtx

The fork's look great.:thumbsup: I am going to put a 2 1/2 briggs in my Cat because it to small for me to ride anyway. Where did you get the seat that's on the Cat?

The fork's look great.:thumbsup: I am going to put a 2 1/2 briggs in my Cat because it to small for me to ride anyway. Where did you get the seat that's on the Cat?

Got it from BMI... I thought it looked a little better than the standard generics that are all over the place.

Cheap too.. maybe $24.00 or so.

btw: the bike in your avatar, is it hanging from the ceiling?

mardyn

Last edited:

1stlegendtx

Got it from BMI... I thought it looked a little better than the standard generics that are all over the place.

Cheap too.. maybe $24.00 or so.

btw: the bike in your avatar, is it hanging from the ceiling?

mardyn
That's a nice seat for $24.00. The bike in the avatar is hanging on one of those bicycle hoists.