Fox fork boot replacement

Fox forks

I'm not sure how to post pics, but if you go to the photo sec. of this sight mine is just like the red one without the motor. There are no bolts or anything holding the upper and lower forks together. If this doesn't work I will try to upload a close up pic. Thanks Tim

Tim, Try this. Remove the front wheel, fender, and axle. On each lower fork (the part below the boot and spring) you should have a hole or tab where your fender attaches. Either above or below this fender attach point there should be an extra unthreaded hole. Now rotate the lower fork until this hole is facing the rear of the bike. If you take an ice pick or an awl and poke around in this hole you should feel a springy place where the awl pushes in and out. You may have to rotate the fork tube and move it up or down a little bit but you should be able to find this springy spot. What you're feeling is a little brass pin with a small spring behind it. This pin is what holds the lower fork on. Once you find this spot, keep the pin pressed in with the awl and slowly pull down on the fork tube. It should slide right off. Be careful not to let the pin and spring go flying across the room. If you can't find the pin with the hole in the fork tube facing the rear of the bike; you might want to try it with the hole facing the outside of the bike. Fox made them both ways. Let me know how you make out. Ogy

Fork boots

Thanks Ogy, that was the ticket. I found some boots on ebay for $7.59, they are actually made for steering controls for outboard boats. They look great, they are 1" ID x 10" long I cut them down a bit. Only the real Fox officianados will know they're not oem. Thanks again. Tim

Thanks Ogy, that was the ticket. I found some boots on ebay for $7.59, they are actually made for steering controls for outboard boats. They look great, they are 1" ID x 10" long I cut them down a bit. Only the real Fox officianados will know they're not oem. Thanks again. Tim
Glad I could help Tim. Was the pin/spring located facing the rear or was it on the side? Ogy

Fox

The pin/spring was facing the rear. The 1st one stayed in so I wasn't as careful with the 2nd and of course it went flying out. Luckily I was able to find both pin & spring. Would you know where a guy could get swing arm adjusting washers? I have a pair of Rupp axel adjusters that may work. Tim

The pin/spring was facing the rear. The 1st one stayed in so I wasn't as careful with the 2nd and of course it went flying out. Luckily I was able to find both pin & spring. Would you know where a guy could get swing arm adjusting washers? I have a pair of Rupp axel adjusters that may work. Tim
I'm afraid I can't help you with the Rupp adjusters. My area of expertise lies with the early 1960's Fox Campus Bikes. It's because the Scamps used the same type of front fork setup that I was able to help you. There has to be someone on here who can help you with the swingarm adjusting washers. Good luck. Ogy

swingarm washers

The adjusting washers are also for the Fox mini, I'm not sure if the Campuses used this same system to tighten the rear chain. It slides the swingarm back instead of just the rear wheel. Tim