Fox Thunderbolt Chopper

:laugh: You didn't have that on your post at first, I was waiting for someone to say something.Honestly though, I think that one is the nicest looking chopper mini bike ever made.

Thanks for the replys. This minicycle (made by Fox in Janesville) has been part of my life since new. Purchased at Sportmart in Niles, IL it was on display. I have received many PM' but since I just joined and only a Junior member I can't reply.
I've never actually seen another one of these but many have sent messages saying they have one, just can't seem to get them to send a photo.
This is the most fun a kid can have on a minibike. Actually growing up I think the 30 year old dads in the neighborhood had more fun than we did!! It runs great and with just a crack of the throttle the front end stands staight up. Landed on the sissy bar many of times!!
The bike is almost 100% original except for the foot pegs as you can see. The original design had the pegs extended out so long that they always dug into the dirt on a turn and sent the back end kicking out. Eventually the mountings broke off. The other item not original is the plate welded on to the brake assembly. My dad did this almost when it was new. Hard to believe the brakes ever worked without it since nothing held the assembly from rotating, which leads me to believe this bike was sort of a proto type.
I'll try to dig it out and take more photos. Keep riding!!

jrzmac

Thanks for the replys. This minicycle (made by Fox in Janesville) has been part of my life since new. Purchased at Sportmart in Niles, IL it was on display. I have received many PM' but since I just joined and only a Junior member I can't reply.
I've never actually seen another one of these but many have sent messages saying they have one, just can't seem to get them to send a photo.
This is the most fun a kid can have on a minibike. Actually growing up I think the 30 year old dads in the neighborhood had more fun than we did!! It runs great and with just a crack of the throttle the front end stands staight up. Landed on the sissy bar many of times!!
The bike is almost 100% original except for the foot pegs as you can see. The original design had the pegs extended out so long that they always dug into the dirt on a turn and sent the back end kicking out. Eventually the mountings broke off. The other item not original is the plate welded on to the brake assembly. My dad did this almost when it was new. Hard to believe the brakes ever worked without it since nothing held the assembly from rotating, which leads me to believe this bike was sort of a proto type.
I'll try to dig it out and take more photos. Keep riding!!
check these out. not mine but:

jrzmac: all 3 of those choppers were restored & are owned by my friend Glenn Rand here in Ohio, and the pics do NOT do them justice - they are PERFECT! :thumbsup:

delray

ratfink396, i got a question for you for your buddy. did he add on the headlight and tail light and also change the tires from knobbys to the smooth/street tires or was that a option? i have never seen a fox thunderbolt like that? i do like the way it looks with that setup......:thumbsup:
if you look at markg posting of the bike broke down. that also does not show the lights.

Delray: My friend Glenn almost ALWAYS puts a lighting coil motor & lites on his bikes; not sure about the tires; I know he had next to no info for reference when he restored it; I'd love to get a copy of that lit for him.....

Good questions. The lights were not standard and good catch on the tires. If you look at the photo I sent, those are still the original knobs from factory on my ride. Not to be picky, Glens resto is amazing, but the gas line from the factory was clear. Looked pretty cool and I too swapped mine for standard black gas line. I still have my clear tubing but has too many cracks. Also, the 'Dynamark' badging should be on the fork pillar, I have an aftermarket one that I acquired from gentleman that worked at the Janesville plant. Love to see others, keep digging them out!!