Frankenstein Mini Chop

I've been wanting to build a minibike for the kiddos for some time now, just haven't had the time or $ with all the other projects I have going on. A couple weeks ago a friend gave me a Razor electric mini chopper minus the motor and some of the parts were melted from being in a garage fire. A week later I'm talking to the father-in-law and he lets me have an old generator for dirt cheap. Stopped generating, motor still good. 1979 Briggs 8hp.

So I set the points and gaped the mag, could only get it to fire with gas in the plug hole. After cleaning the carb out twice (without a new kit) I got frustrated with the thing and dropped the carb off at the local small engine shop. Got the carb back last night and fired it right up. Only now I can't get the idle down. Anyway. Here are some shots of what we have going on. Got some of the junk tabs trimmed off the frame. Going to have to cut the backbone out of the frame and rework that to fit this monstrous engine in, but we'll get it done.

Donor bike

Donor Motor

Cutting on the frame

Ive been waiting for one of these choppers to fall into my lap, nice score!

Are you sure you're building it for the Kiddos...:laugh::thumbsup:

Got plans for a disc brake upgrade?

Not running the governor. Have a spring holding the throttle closed.

No idea on disc upgrade. This is a whole new world for me. First minibike for me as well.

Got the backbone cut out today.