Fraudulent Mini bike parts sales on EBAY

You can put a tag line in () with all those names so your item pops up in a search and is not actually the brand of your item. You get the showtime w/o false advertising.

Itype2slo, I have a funny feeling you didn't read the original discussion. It has nothing to do with Chinese vs American etc. I in fact have a 6.5 predator on one of my boonie bikes. The other is a 5 HP Tecumseh. The discussion is that to an unknowing buyer, he sees a frame for a Boonie bike at a flea market, minus the front end. He then goes on EBAY and some fraud is selling a Boonie bike front end. He buys it and it doesn't fit on his bike because it isn't a Boonie bike part. Then what does he do? If it says Rupp, it should be a genuine Rupp Part. etc. If you go to a junk yard to buy a part for your car and it doesn't fit, you are real happy right? If you find out he sold it to you Knowing it wouldn't fit, then how do you feel about him and his business ethics? Same deal with some of the EBAY sellers. I don't care where a part comes from, (hell a lot of Harley Davidson parts are made overseas now), just let us know what you are selling. An Honest business man does not fear the truth. Kroozer1

Itype2slo

You said only a tec hs40 would fit on a rupp I have seen all kinds of motors shoehorned in, Whatever fits and works. I agree most people sell crap and they use buzz words to lure you in to see the ad. Is it dishonest? yeah, but that seems to be the normal. All you have to do is buy one thing you didn't need and you get more diligent about looking at the pics, description and checking feedback. There is dishonesty everywhere. The better example would be the guy who buys a rupp roadster with a 3hp briggs at a flea market. He is told when he bought it was all original. A year later he tries to sell it on ebay as an all original rupp roadster for top dollar. That's when the fun starts.

Yeah,great idea. Stealing a different way
Yeah whatever! You should watch how your stating your case. I certainly DON"T condone stealing and your reference is as offensive as the ones you are campaigning against. What I mentioned was for exposure for an item and not to mislead someone. I think somebody missed a potty-training session early on and is now a bit anal-retentive or maybe I should have said rupp-retentive.

Hello,
Hope everyone and your families are staying safe in the current environment. Most important!
I spend a lot of time searching for " original" parts. ( As I am sure most of us do). More than once disappointed
with an add ( wherever listed), claiming this manufacturer or that one. To find out the part or listing is not correct.
The shear beauty of this site, is the collective knowledge that all of us are willing to share with each other, to assist in our projects
to find that elusive part. Some folks may list a part on what they have been told. Honestly not knowing the wiser.
Reach out to them and let them know. What you know. I have spent the time to do this on some items lately I was
interested in. Sellers not only were thankful yet also modified their add.
Maybe some folks out there try to manipulate the system..... possible... I refer back to this site and the great members if I need
a picture or a PN to make an informed decision.

All,
Be safe
Joe

PatrickCraik

Yeah whatever! You should watch how your stating your case. I certainly DON"T condone stealing and your reference is as offensive as the ones you are campaigning against. What I mentioned was for exposure for an item and not to mislead someone. I think somebody missed a potty-training session early on and is now a bit anal-retentive or maybe I should have said rupp-retentive.
LOL! 1st, Wouldnt you agree putting a"tag line" with names of things YOURE NOT SELLING is at least deceptive? How about downright dishonest? Secondly,Name calling in a discussion or debate is ALWAYS proof positive somebody doesn't have the wit to make a good point or argument.3rdly,I don't own a Rupp but have always liked them. I'm done with this one.

What names unless your talking your about inference of cheating towards my post. But you speak in absolutes such as "ALWAYS" which certainly closes the door for future thinking. I do agree though to be done with this. We have lost too many great members over the years to silly bickering. This is a fun and great site. If I have offended you or any else that was not my intent and I apologize. RIDE DAT MEAN MINI ~~~
Live Long And Prosper.