Freeing up front suspension

Parts Blaster and patience...
Yep, or my style. Heat, a hammer and no patience. I had a few of those fork sets identical to those. They where on the imported "Dixie" bikes as well as others I'm sure. The collar is threaded to the fork tube if I remember correctly.

Yep, or my style. Heat, a hammer and no patience. I had a few of those fork sets identical to those. They where on the imported "Dixie" bikes as well as others I'm sure. The collar is threaded to the fork tube if I remember correctly.
I've used heat as well, if you do dont heat the springs or it'll still have no bounce once the springs collapse! WD40 and patience still the best method IMO!

Randy does your dad know how irresponsible you've been with the torch? I do like the idea with taking off the bars and putting the oil straight down the pipe!:thumbsup:

Randy does your dad know how irresponsible you've been with the torch?
LOL I'm sure he does. As soon as we where old enough to crank open the oxygen & acetylene he put us to work. Thats my favorite tool, the smoke wrench. It fits anything.

When we where little my brother opened a full oxygen bottle and it either did not have the safety thing or it did not work. It was not hooked up to a regulator and he road it into the wall of dads pole building and hung onto it because he was scared. It sounded like a jet. Myth busters did a story about that and they said it can't happen. I'll guarantee it can. And did.

I have more torch stories but I'll save them for another time. I don't want to use up all my material.

id take the front wheel off so you can work one at a time. Pb blaster is the best for rust penetration. And twist and push and pull till theyre loostend up. then figure out how to unscrew them so yo can get them apart and clean up the corrosion.

I been using the Marvel mystery oil penetrating lube, That stuff is the best stuff I ever used to date, If you have the nylon slide inserts inside the forks, You have to be careful with heating your forks, You will melt them away. They may not be available to replace them if you melt them.

Yep, or my style. Heat, a hammer and no patience.

We have the same style... :lol:

Penetrating oil soaking in them for a while is best BEFORE heating and beating though... :lol: Also you can pull the front axle out, then run it into one fork only, and use it as a wrench to twist back and forth on the fork.. just don't twist TOO far or TOO HARD... But the side to side twisting motion will help get them moving too..

Well they have been soaking for 24 hours. After I got the handle bars off:hammer::hammer::thumbsup: There were already holes so I could get oil down into the tubes. The axle idea for turning sounds good. These babies are froze up nice. I'll mess with them this weekend so they will be soaking all week.:sleeping: