Fuel Proof Paint Bingo

Tried different paints, paint and clear coat combos and have had no luck holding up to gas...then I thought back to my RC days... so I went out and bought a can of "LustreKote Spray Paint Black" I cleaned up a tank, prepped it for paint and shot it with the LustreKote, gave it a few days to set up.. I took the tank and poured some gas on it, the paint held up... so I mount the tank and my son has been riding all week (school vacation) and the paint looks like it was just sprayed... Glad that search is over… :clap:

View attachment 41524

You just made my day, I need a good tank paint and have for a while. Automotive finishes are too high rent for me but this stuff is crazy cheap, gonna get some real soon. Thanks Shunter!:thumbsup:

:smile: i know we all have our own painting technique, for this i simply applied two coats of primer, wet sanded the second coat, three light coats of the black.. i let it sit for 3 days and waxed it with mothers cali gold.. handed it off to my son, and he isn't the best at filling the tank and that paint hasn't moved.. i hope it works as well for you Ace as it has for my son.. :thumbsup: