Gas line and exhaust opinions on box stock clone engine

Ok. First the exhaust. I have this welded up header that allows for a muffler to be put on. How much difference if any from the shiny header will there be. Both with the muffler screwed in and without.

Second.after putting the fuel pump on yesterday. I came out today and there was a gas leak. I can never get the larger fuel line to seal on the clone carbs. Will my solution of going to a smaller fuel line via a fuel shut off work ok. This will also allow me an easier way to drain the fuel for winter storage.

Also. With the pump nipple now being located at the top of the valve cover. Should I seal the previous vent hole ? I put a temporary fuel filter on the former vent pipe for now.

Attachments

bikebudy

Banned - Must pay $500
Hey gumpit buddy, I buy the BEST fuel line you can get " Tygon fuel line ". With the correct size used, you should never have a leak.

However, sometimes you are dealing with two different sized spouts. So the line fits great on the one but not the other.

I use fuel line quick clamp OR a Zip-tie.

Cory is right about 2 different size ports. Clone carbs are smaller. I take small clear fuel line and lube the port on the carb and slide it on. Then cut flush with top of port. Than I slide the bigger fuel line over that with a clamp. No leaks.

I'll have to try that. I only have the black rubber smaller tubing. But I will get it to work. I tried that style clamp pictured and it did nothing. I used a small hose clamp and had it to the point I thought it was going to snap and it still leaked.