Gas Tank 4 columbia/mtd

mybiz

Looking to buy fuel tank 4 columbia/mtd would like a new one. does anyone know a place that sales parts 4 these? If you got a nice tank
Here is a pic of the type im lookig for.
Also would like to have an orignal tc cover PM me

Last edited:

mybiz

I've got 2 of these mtd's 1 a roller the other half roller did a trade few days ago and i got 2-mtd's/1- wards/1 complete running rideable Fantasic Broncco TX1

mybiz

Mtd-tanks new?

Im also looking for a tank for an MTD:smile:
Well this search isnt looking good:censure::censure::censure: wonder how many i could sale? me and my buddy own a plastic co./machine shop. (A Blow mold Co.) in winfield,ks :thumbsup:plug! anyhow to build a mold for things like plastic gas tanks is costly we could do it but we would have to make at least 2500-3000 to break even and were to small of a company to make a product with out a market for them plus when you manufacture something like a gas tank there is so much bull involved. Rubbermaid is just down the street from us and they have stoped making Gas cans becouse of the liability involved in products like gas cans!
SO I'LL KEEP LOOKING 4 A USED 1 :sadcrying4:

Mac

I''ve seen one of those plastic MTD tanks floating around here in the yard, it's old & used, and has no cap ( but may be better than nothing). I'll have a look-see (if I remember) later this evening.

mybiz

gas tank

I''ve seen one of those plastic MTD tanks floating around here in the yard, it's old & used, and has no cap ( but may be better than nothing). I'll have a look-see (if I remember) later this evening.
As long as it mounts right no cap no prob. even if if the tank got holes in it I can fix it let me know $$ + shipping to 67156 and well go from there no hurry i'm gathering parts up for 8 or ??? different projects thanks PM me :thumbsup:

Mac

As long as it mounts right no cap no prob. even if if the tank got holes in it I can fix it let me know $$ + shipping to 67156 and well go from there no hurry i'm gathering parts up for 8 or ??? different projects thanks PM me :thumbsup:

As you can see the outlet for the fuel has be gooped up to seal a leak I guess.
$20.00 delivered to 67156.

mybiz

am i seeing cracks and holes on back end of the tank or is this 40 years of paint chipping off. Also is the plastic brittle like sun baked. Anyhow if its good and useable with a few repairs take you time and box it up i'm tapped out til the 1st i'll PM you with all my info and is paypal ok

mybiz

tank

Im still also in need of a tank thanks Mark...............:smile:
If you need this to finish your project you can have it. Right now I'm just gathering up parts for 7 or 8 of my projects and the 2 mtd's i have are the last 2 I'll be restoring its up to you:doah:

bandit 40

If you need this to finish your project you can have it. Right now I'm just gathering up parts for 7 or 8 of my projects and the 2 mtd's i have are the last 2 I'll be restoring its up to you:doah:
Thanks Mybiz I do appreciate the offer and you to Mac for trying to help, it would be good for a beeater , but Im in need of one unfortunatly in better shape, and would pay no doubt more:smile:, and if I dont find one ever I guess a remote tank will do, thanks again Mac:thumbsup:

mybiz

mine need to be in better shape also but at least its something to work with The last 3 running/rideable mini bikes I've bought I've never started or road sence i've brought them home I'm more into the restoring them than I'm into ridding them:thumbsup:

Mac

am i seeing cracks and holes on back end of the tank or is this 40 years of paint chipping off. Also is the plastic brittle like sun baked.
....Just some old flat black, and blue that rubbed off the frame tubes.
I can hit it with a big hammer to see if it might be brittle, but you'd need to guarantee me the full price first.

mtd parts !!!

are these the parts you are looking for . rims ,tank,jackshaft assembly,rear brake with mounting bracket and one rear shock. you can see stuff better in my photo gallery . every time i try to sell this stuff people say they want it and never send money , ( please hold it i'll send money tomorrow !!) nope! i am ready to mount this stuff on the wall just for shit's and giggles !!

bandit 40

are these the parts you are looking for . rims ,tank,jackshaft assembly,rear brake with mounting bracket and one rear shock. you can see stuff better in my photo gallery . every time i try to sell this stuff people say they want it and never send money , ( please hold it i'll send money tomorrow !!) nope! i am ready to mount this stuff on the wall just for shit's and giggles !!
Man, Jim that is what im looking for,:thumbsup: but this was not my thread so out of the fairness of it all , I will let Mybiz get a chance at this package deal, and if he dont get it I will for sure, Please LMK Mark....................................:thumbsup:

mybiz

mtd parts

bandit what parts are you needing? my two mtd's are bare rollers rims frame and handle bars i've got motors everywhere I'm just going to build 1 of them becouse someone molested the motor mount one 1 frame i'm building the green 1 the blue 1 might turn into a chopper frame

Last edited:

mybiz

I'm back had to run over to ebay. just looked at mine no front fender ether thought i had 1. i also would like to have the exhaust pipe that mounts to the rear fender i think i can fab 1 up I'm searching everywhere every day for parts and its getting very :confused:ing
I'm trying to round up parts for 12 different makes and models some day i'm going to have to jump off this merry-go-round and start working full time on these restores i'm doing top all that stuff i'm trying to get my place in the country ready to move into had it for over 2 years and havent spent a night there yet