Go kart help

hey guys so after about 5 sprockets since my last post i found the stock part for my kart so im waiting to but it but i wanted to know whats a good spring i should put on the throttle pedal and what are some good quality nuts and bolts that can be used on my mounting process and also is there anywY to fix mushroomed edges becuase i cant bolt tires on to stay on axle which cuases sprocket to slide and bend and do you guys have any tips or tricks to putting a sprocket on a axle

bikebudy

Banned - Must pay $500
whats a good spring i should put on the throttle pedal?
Just one that works and does not fall off.

good quality nuts and bolts ?
I like to use stainless steel but, on a gas pedal you may want grade 8 bolt and nyloc nut.

is there anywY to fix mushroomed edges becuase i cant bolt tires on to stay on axle which cuases sprocket to slide and bend and do you guys have any tips or tricks to putting a sprocket on a axle

We need photos

Axx3d

I tend to also use Stainless and nyloc and Grade 8 where needed.

As for the mushroomed axle..

I was able to cut off the mushroomed end on one of my axles and reshape the start of the thread with a thread file.. Make sure if you do cut it off you have enough threads left for the nut to go on securely and safely..

There are collars you can put on both sides of the sprocket to secure it in place, never weld anything to the axle or youll regret it in the long run.

OMBW has some collars half way down..

http://www.OldMiniBikes.com/Jackshafts-and-Accessories/

Last edited: