Go Power Bench Top Dyno

Thanks for continually posting photos of vintage artifacts Gerry. This might be the smallest version of a water brake dynamometer ever made. The machining costs of the pump section alone seems like it would exceeded the posted cost, even if it was so long ago.

For those unfamiliar with a water brake dyno, here is a simple explanation.

I found the ad in this 1961-62 Karting handbook.

I have never seen one in person or for sale but I just think it's neat. Go-Power made nice stuff so I have to believe it was well constructed. Of course you'd be hard pressed to come up with real life horsepower numbers from your calculations but as a comparative device I think it could be useful tool to see if you're making gains with your changes.

CarPlayLB

All my engines dyno out at 22.88HP, so that would be worthless to me! All my modifications make power! Added some octane booster, the can said it would make 8-50HP more. I went on the low side at 8hp! Gotta 14HP Predator right outta the box! Also added a high performance sticker to my 5HP Briggs...makes 15HP now! Dynos are just a bunch fancy gizmos

2SlickNick

All my engines dyno out at 22.88HP, so that would be worthless to me! All my modifications make power! Added some octane booster, the can said it would make 8-50HP more. I went on the low side at 8hp! Gotta 14HP Predator right outta the box! Also added a high performance sticker to my 5HP Briggs...makes 15HP now! Dynos are just a bunch fancy gizmos
Classic!!!!!

dia

Hello, I work for Go Power Systems and we still make portable dynamometers! We are located just outside Detroit. Go Power started in 1958 in California, moved to Texas, and now in Michigan. I would love to have this vintage ad for our website. Do you have any other vintage Go Power material? Thanks very much.

Howdy...well I sold that book on Ebay, but your welcome to use the photo of the ad posted above for your website. Most of the Go Power literature as it relates to mini bikes is for the Go-Power wheels. I assume it was the same company.

dia

Howdy...well I sold that book on Ebay, but your welcome to use the photo of the ad posted above for your website. Most of the Go Power literature as it relates to mini bikes is for the Go-Power wheels. I assume it was the same company.
Oh man, you sold it on Ebay--I will keep my eye out for that magazine. Thank you -- I will grab the photo above. I handle the marketing and always looking for the vintage stuff! Thanks very much.

I will let you know if I find anything else. I'm sure you're familiar with the "How to Hop Up Your West Bend" manual that was published by GoPower.

It is considered the "bible" of WB 580/700 information and is a collectors item.