Going to Daytona Beach

I am going to Daytona Beach in April, I heard you can drive on the beaches down there. Can any of you guys confirm that?

I am wondering if it may be worth it to bring a Tote Gote down with me :shrug:

maverick1

You can drive on the beaches. I think it is $5 a day. I am pretty sure you would need a tag on the bike to ride it on the beach.

I am going to Daytona Beach in April, I heard you can drive on the beaches down there. Can any of you guys confirm that?

I am wondering if it may be worth it to bring a Tote Gote down with me :shrug:
I drove on Daytona Beach in 1992. My wife had just bought a Saturn. It was 2 weeks old. We drove down from MA. Sounds like you are taking your own car. We went in September but if the bugs are out wash it often. One of the locals told us after a week down were there they eat through the paint that's why alot of cars have screens on the front. We washed it too late. The front of her new car was all pitted. Didn't believe him at first cause he also told us the night before there was a frog in his yard the size of a dog and he hit it in the head with a shovel and it didn't die. Was right about the bugs though.

Thanks guys.
I was supposed to go a few years ago but I got tied up at work, this year I am going no mater what. I have got to get out of this cold.

That's what the old guy told us. He said it was digging a hole in his backyard. 22 yrs later my wife and I still laugh at that. He called the bugs down there love bugs.Got to be some FL members that know about the bugs and maybe some with a giant frog problem.

buckeye

Love bugs are from Satan.:laugh: They are awful. It doesn't matter how often you wash your car. They ruin the paint and never come off. I use panty hose and wd40 and that gets them off decent but, not completely. Hste those things.

Have a great trip. Beaches down this way are pretty nice. You should plan a trip down this way.:thumbsup:

bandit 40

It sounds like a great time regardless of the bugs relax and enjoy. Hey Tom that kinda sounds like your answering a wanted add (Quote:I use panty hose and wd40 and that gets them off decent) :laugh:.

I am going to Daytona Beach in April, I heard you can drive on the beaches down there. Can any of you guys confirm that?...
I'm so excited, I get to go there this week. I leave before dawn on Tuesday and come home next Sunday night. I'm going to see and photograph a bunch of flat track motorcycle racing and road racing. Maybe I'll take the rental car for a spin on the beach, too. :thumbsup:

markus

Love bugs were a genetic experiment to eat mosquito .They escaped from a lab.I lived in Florida for 10 years.Hated those damn things.

thats a bunch of BS. More like they hitched a ride many moons ago on a cargo ship from south america and they thrived in this climate. Just like everything else in florida they aren't native but they aren't genetic experiments.

maverick1

I wax the snot out of the front of my car. I also carry one of those half gallon pump up sprayers with me full of water. They will wipe off easy but you got to stay on them. They also have a sponge with a open netting around it that is good for scrubbing them off.

Flat track racing at Daytona is great. Have seen a lot of great racers there. One of the memorable guys was a NZ rider named Barry Briggs. Had his own unique style. After Christmas they have the WKA kart races at the speedway and dirt races at the dirt track. Really good time if you ever get the chance.

You guys got me concerned now, what the hell is a love bug?

Is that like a Yooper mosquito? Those things are the size of seagulls -they've been known to carry small kids and pets away.