Gopowersports Mikuni GPS clone idle issues

Justy

I have a predator 212 hemi and just got the mikuni GPS clone from go power sports with a 16 pilot jet and a 130 main I've swapped the 130 main to a 115 now when I start the bike it idles fine doesn't creep forward at all even when I'm not sitting on it but when I pick up the back tire off the ground it starts to move at a steady 10mph I raised throttle slide peace to the highest setting and it slowed the speed from maybe 10 to 5 mph but I still don't want it to move at all when I lift the tire off the ground the back tire shouldn't start moving should it? Won't that screw my clutch or something up..?

Would a to big pilot jet be causing this issue I've noticed most people use a 15 and I've never seen a 16 until I got one

Last edited:
First mistake is playing with a main jet when you are trying to get it to idle. There are 4 main circuits in any of these slide carbs, Idle, Slide cutaway, needle and needle jet and main jet. While there is a bit of overlap between them its not much. So to get it to idle correctly a few things have to happen. First the slide height must be set correctly if it is raised too high there will not be enough velocity for the Pilot circuit To pick up and atomize the fuel. When the slide height is in the correct range then the Pilot jet and the mixture screw are used to get the correct air fuel ratio. If when adjusting the mixture screw (on the bottom of the carb) if it starts idling too fast you then lower the slide a slight amount and re adjust the idle mixture again as one affects the other. I never heard of a 16 Pilot for a Chikuni but as you did not post a picture or a better description of the carb I have no idea of what it is. how is the manifold sealed to the head, and how is carb sealed to manifold (o ring I'm guessing.)

Justy

First mistake is playing with a main jet when you are trying to get it to idle. There are 4 main circuits in any of these slide carbs, Idle, Slide cutaway, needle and needle jet and main jet. While there is a bit of overlap between them its not much. So to get it to idle correctly a few things have to happen. First the slide height must be set correctly if it is raised too high there will not be enough velocity for the Pilot circuit To pick up and atomize the fuel. When the slide height is in the correct range then the Pilot jet and the mixture screw are used to get the correct air fuel ratio. If when adjusting the mixture screw (on the bottom of the carb) if it starts idling too fast you then lower the slide a slight amount and re adjust the idle mixture again as one affects the other. I never heard of a 16 Pilot for a Chikuni but as you did not post a picture or a better description of the carb I have no idea of what it is. how is the manifold sealed to the head, and how is carb sealed to manifold (o ring I'm guessing.)

https://www.gopowersports.com/22mm-...MI4fGWp72E_QIVJgOzAB1eSw7cEAQYASABEgI0VfD_BwE

thats the carb and how's its connected

Attachments

Last edited:

Justy

I've tried putting the 115 jet in then adjusting the air screw on the bottom until it idles at it's highest then turning the side idle out once it's idling it's highest but it still just wants to creep forward at a steady 5-10mph kinda annoying I don't want to screw my clutch up or sum cause it wants to try and run away from me

Justy

terrible with mechanics and usually just pay someone to fix shit but figured id at least try and I just feel like I'm gonna break it even more

Justy

Got a gasket at the block and green manifold? Maybe air's leaking in..
Yeah just one gasket where manifold meets motor

OK sounds like you are adjusting it correctly but I'm not understanding your problem. Are you saying the problem is not that it can't idle but that the minibike creeps forward? So is it idling too fast or is there a issue with the clutch causing it to creep forward.?

How are you using the enrichment valve? Plunger up is when it is on and when it starts it will idle fast as it is designed that way. Sometimes it can cause the clutch to engage. Once it starts and you turn it off then and only then is the carb idle circuit in operation by itself.

Justy

OK sounds like you are adjusting it correctly but I'm not understanding your problem. Are you saying the problem is not that it can't idle but that the minibike creeps forward? So is it idling too fast or is there a issue with the clutch causing it to creep forward.?
I'm not sure what the issue is if it's carb issue or clutch the bike doesn't creep at all but when I lift up the back tire of the ground it starts to move forward at a steady 5 mph I have the air idle screw turned until motor is running at its max rpm I have have the throttle needle and peace at the top setting I try and turn the side idle screw to make the back tire stop moving but the bike dies

Justy

And the throttle cable is slack enough to let the slide close?
Yes enough slack I try to turn idle screw down to make it stop (creeping) doesn't rly creep it's only when I lift up the bike tire off the ground but anyways I try to adjust idle side screw and bike dies out

Justy

Choke is off when this is all happing btw I only use the choke to get the bike on sense it's cold out and it's been outside but once the bike is on I turn off choke then try and adjust idle screw but the bike just dies out so I've tried to adjust the air screw on bottom more open and like max open but bikes still dies everytime I try and turn the idle screw down a little more so the bike stops creeping when I lift up the back tires

Justy

I was on the middle setting with the throttle needle and little peace idk what it's called but I moved it up a setting then it started to creep slower then I moved it to the highest setting and now it's creeping at a steady 5mph instead of like 10 the jet I have in right now is a 16 pilot and a 115 main jet link is up top in another comment please help so confused just spend 6 hours scratching my head and working on it while trying not to freak out

So stupid question here I know BUT doesn't the rear wheel have to be on the ground to ride it?

Ain't following the issue here. Sounds like there isn't one unless I'm missing sumffin here???
I think we're all missing something here. I have my idle set ~1600 RPM (HM80 wants that for oil circulation) and if I lift the rear wheel off the ground it will spin because the clutch engages just enough. Sitting the bike with the wheel on the ground, it won't move at idle though.

Lizardking

I think we're all missing something here. I have my idle set ~1600 RPM (HM80 wants that for oil circulation) and if I lift the rear wheel off the ground it will spin because the clutch engages just enough. Sitting the bike with the wheel on the ground, it won't move at idle though.
You're describing a normal occurrence. Nothing to worry about just ride and enjoy.